Chapter 6

Im on a mission. Dad knows about the journal, and how I found it. I told him because I wanted him to know. He agreed with my decision and he told me to find out more. He is allowing me to go deep into the forest to figure out what they are. You're wondering where mom is going..? Dad and Issac are taking her to dinner for a while, which gives me time to escape the house and go searching. I figured the reason this monsterous creature let me go last time, was because I had perfume on. I packed a big bttle of it with me, knowing that I could escape anything with it. Who knew perfume was so useful? I grabbed my backpack full of random but helpful items, and I ran out the door of my house.

Now today was an esspecially windy day. I almost got blown over while I was running into the forest. But, right before I entered the darkness, I looked back at my house an the road I lived on, and all the other houses, remembering them incase I wasn't going to return. I turned my head back towards the woods, and walked in, making sure to keep my flashlight on and my perfume near. As soon as I walked past the big tall bushes, I heard hissing. But not like a snake. Like a dog trying to scare away its enemy. So what did I do? I pulled out my perfume, sprayed it in the area I heard the hissing, and heard a yelp and then running (as if it was running away into the distance).      <Phew!>

I have noticed that the creatures don't like to venture into the sunlight, but rather in the pitch black area. I mean even in Mrs. Lopenskie's journal, she wrote about how it was a dark day, and that the kids heard scratching a snarling. I don't know what the light does to them but whatever it is, it's not good. 

All of a sudden my thoughts were removed when I started hearing footsteps. They were coming closer and closer and closer. I started getting very scared and I sat on the ground and rolled up in a ball to protect myself. Then whatever it was tripped over me saying, "OW!" and falling to the ground. I pointed my flashlight over in the direction it fell and saw the face of my friend Grace.

Paris: "OH MY GOSH GRACE!! ARE YOU OKAY?"   *I walked over to her to help her up*

Grace: "Paris? What are you doing in here?"

Paris: "Yes it's me. Im......searching."  <I didnt know what to tell her because I wasnt ready to over whelm her with the news>

Grace: "Searching out here? In the woods? What for?"

Paris: "No more questions for me. How about, why are you out here?"

Grace: "Well at school recess, Mary, Carla, Selena and I were playing Hide and Seek."

Paris: "AND?"

Grace: "Well the big yellow tape the said,  --Warning Do Not Cross--,  was running along the edge of the woods. But Mary, Carla, Selena and I just wanted a good hiding place for Hide and Seek, so we all crossed the line while the teachers weren't looking."

Paris: "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! YOU ARE GOING TO GET KILLED.! WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE GIRLS??"

Grace: "I lost them. I was running as fast as I could hoping I would end up in the light again. It scares me in here."

Paris: "They are gonna die in here. They have no chance against them."

Grace: "Who is them?"

Paris: <OOOPS!! Why do I always think out loud??> "Umm.."

Grace: "Tell me Paris. I better know what it is now that Im in here"

Paris: "Yeah I know. You deserve to know. BUT.."

Grace: "But what?"

Paris: "I don't exactly know what it is either..." *Looking towards the ground*

Grace: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE EVEN AGAINST?"

Paris: "NO I DON'T AND IM SORRY BUT NO ONE REALLY KNOWS."

Grace: "Than how do you even know there is something evil out here?"

Paris: "Umm..well heres the secret. But you can't tell anyone I told you or we all might be meat."

Grace: "Okay I promise I won't tell."

Paris: "Okay." <Here goes nothing..> "Whatever they are..they eat us, or attack us. Im not quite sure. But I know you can't make peace with them.."

Grace: "Oh now I feel better." *Saying sarcastically*

Paris: "Well you wanted the truth and I gave it to you. There is no good news from here.."

Grace: "Great. So how do we survive them?"

Paris: "Well I figured perfume was the trick. I brought two just incase. Here." *She handed Grace a bottle*

Grace: "Thanks but-" *Paris cut her off*

Paris: "No buts. Once your in, you don't go out."

Grace: "Okay Paris your really freaking me out."

Before Paris could reply, they heard screams from far in the forest. Paris turned on her flashlight and pointed it in the direction of the scream.

Paris: "C'mon lets go."

Grace: "I didn't say I was coming"

Paris: "Okay than you're on your own. Good luck surviving them."

Grace: "Wait no. I will stay with you. What makes you so confident that they won't hurt you?"

Paris: "Well I want to get to the bottom of this and besides I already survived them once."

They walked deep into the forest....Following the screams....