Chap 16 "Hailee's Secrets"

Hailee's POV
"Yeah, I'll be up in a minute," I nodded. Zara went to her room and so did Nick. "Oliver, think about this for a minute."
"I did and it's done," Oliver nodded. He went to his room and came back within five minutes. "I'm going to go to my patrol team."

"You do realize I could arrest you," I nodded

"You do realize I could arrest you," I nodded. "Committing illegal crimes and telling your sister about it."
"Well, that may be true but you can't arrest me because it's out of New York's jurisdiction," Oliver tapped on my nose. "Sorry to burst your bubble sister. Also, I remember you use to like doing this stuff when you were younger."
"Oliver, I didn't know better," I nodded. "That was when I was here spending time with who I thought was my best friend." I crossed my arms and looked at the ground. "I love you, Ollie, but don't you think it's time to give up the dress up?"
"It's kind of my job now," Oliver nodded. I looked up at Oliver with my eyes, without moving another part of my body. "There are those green eyes that I remember coming out." I sent him a small smile. "You know you still love doing this and working as part of the team."
"Yeah but my green eyes only came good to flirting my way into anything just to help with securing the Kryptonian monsters," I looked at Oliver. "Look, Oliver. I thought it was a good idea for us to keep in touch just because I help you guys save Metropolis, just because you're Green Arrow, just because Clark's Super Man, and just because everyone in your patrol team is in some kind of disguise." I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Goodbye Oliver." I walked to the stairs. "Oliver, don't come back to New York." I went up to my room and Nick had already packed our suitcase. "Are you ready to go?"
"Yeah," Nick nodded. We got Zara and got into the limo. We got onto the jet and headed into the air. "Hailee, are you okay?"
"Yeah," I nodded. "Oliver said he's going to stay in Metropolis and take care of business. He won't be coming back to New York." I know it was bad to lie about what I told Oliver but I couldn't tell him the truth. "So, we have to look for a new sitter for Zara."
"Okay, what song is Zara singing for the show?" Nick asked.
"Well, we're going to start with something upbeat," I nodded. "And then we're going to go into This I Believe by Hillsong Worship."
"Have you figured out which upbeat song?" Nick asked.
"I can't remember the title of it," I sighed. "Zara, sweetheart, which song were we working on earlier before you left with Oliver?"
"Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers featuring Daya," Zara smiled. "We made a dance to the whole song."
"Yes, of course," I sighed. Nick looked at me. "I'm stressed, okay? I just have a lot on my mind." We landed in New York and Nick carried Zara to the car. Nick drove us home and we put Zara in bed. As soon as we put the covers over her, she woke up. "Zara, are you good?"
"Yes, Mommy," she sat up in bed. "I'm a little hungry."
"It is six in the evening," Nick sighed. "I'll make us something to eat."
"Okay," I nodded. Nick left and I got Zara out of bed. "Why don't you take a shower and get dressed for bed. After you eat, brush your teeth and go to  bed." Zara grabbed her clothes and got into the bathroom. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and Nick was cooking. I got out my phone and looked through the contacts. "This is going to be hard."
"Looking for a sitter," Nick nodded.
"I got it," I smiled. I sent a text to someone on my contact list. "So, someone should be here in --" My phone beeped and I looked at it. "Five minutes."
"That was fast," Nick set the table and put the food on the table. Zara walked out and sat on the table, "So, who's our mystery sitter?"
"It is someone you know," I nodded. The doorbell rang. "Oh, he's early." I opened the door and Munch was there. "Munch, hey. Thanks for coming."
"It's no problem," Munch and I hugged. I let him in. "Nick, how's the job treating you?"
"I'm still standing here, aren't I?" Nick joked. "How are you Munch?"
"I'm good," Munch smiled.
"You have a suitcase," Nick pointed. "Are you moving in?"
"Well, Hailee said you guys needed a sitter," Munch nodded. "You guys need to work. Go ahead and go to work in the morning."
"Thank you," I smiled. "You're room is the one up the stairs and second on the left. Zara's room is the only one in the right."
"Okay," Munch nodded. "You guys have a good night."
"Thank you," I nodded. We ate. Nick took Zara to get ready for bed. I finished doing dishes and met Nick in the room. "You go ahead and head to work tomorrow. I gotta get some of this music done for Zara's show."
"Sounds good," Nick nodded. "I gotta go to court. Liv needs me there for something."
"Okay," I nodded. "That's perfectly fine." We went to bed. The next day I woke up and ran errands while Munch watched Zara. I was at the bank when my phone rang. I picked up. "Hailee."
"Get to the courthouse now!" Liv exclaimed and hung up.
I ran to the courthouse and shots were fired. "Oh no," I stated. I ran in and Nick was on the floor bleeding. "Nick." I ran up to him as they put him on a gurney. "Liv. I'll ride in the ambulance."
"I'll meet you at Bellevue," Liv nodded.
"Okay," I sighed. We got to the hospital. They made me wait in the waiting room with a lot of others. "Come on, Nick."
"Hailee," Liv walked up to me with Finn, Amanda, and someone else. "How's Nick?"
"He's in surgery," I nodded. "A bullet hit his liver, so they had to do an emergency laparotomy. Now, they're working on his knee."
"The liver can heal itself, but a bullet to the knee --"
"Yeah, I think she knows that, Carisi," Amanda nodded.
"I'm sorry, who are you and how do you know my husband?" I asked.
"Detective Sonny Carisi," he nodded. "I don't know your husband personally but Liv has briefed me on you two." I looked at him. "I'm sorry. I'll get us some coffee, okay?"
"Yeah," Liv nodded as Carisi left. Finn went to go talk to others. "Nick's going to pull through."
"Is Amaro okay?" Tucker walked up to us.
"Considering," I nodded as I sat down.
"Johnny D?" Tucker asked.
"Dead," Liv nodded. "Court officer, too." I was shaking and freaking out. "A judge and another CO got hit."
"What was he thinking?" Amanda asked. "Grabbing a gun, shooting a judge? No way he was getting out of that building alive."
"That's exactly what he was thinking," Tucker nodded.
"I haven't told Munch," I sighed. "If I did, he would bring Zara here. I don't want Zara to see Nick like this. This is her father we're talking about. The bullet to his knee is going to ruin his career."
"Hailee, we'll figure something out," Liv nodded.
Everyone left as soon as Nick got out of surgery. I sat down in the chair next to his bed and held his hand. "Nick," I sighed. "I don't know if you can hear me but you can fight this. I know you can." I looked at him as the squad walked into the room as Nick woke up. "Hey."
"I'm so sorry," Nick nodded.
"Hey, don't be sorry," I nodded. "It comes with the job."
"I'm going to be hobbling around for three months and maybe with a cane," Nick sighed. "Are you still going to love me?"
"Nick, I love you for who you are, not if you get crippled," I smiled. "But you might need a new job."
"Yeah," Nick sighed. "I know." I looked at his chart and nodded my head. "Nick, you're going to be in the hospital till Thursday."
"That's after Zara's last performance," Nick nodded. "I can't do that."
"Nick, after that it's physical therapy," I replied. "I'm sorry but this is beyond my reaching to get you out of this hospital to see Zara's performance."
"All you can do right now is watch your daughter on the television," Liv sighed. "And this is with the whole squad. Hailee will be there to watch make sure everything is in check."
"Nick, everything is good," I nodded. "I promise everything will be okay. I'll have Zara practice every single time I get the chance too." I looked at Nick. "I'll be back and I'll bring Zara."