Chap 6 "Trial"

Hailee's POV
I was in holding for three days before we got a trial set up. I walked into the courtroom with my lawyer. "Counselor, are you sure you know what you're doing?" I asked.
"Yes," Mr. Servantez nodded.
We stood up as Judge Hughes walked in. "How does the defendant plead?" Judge Hughes asked.
"Not guilty, your Honor," Mr. Servantez nodded. We sat down. "Call your first witness to the stand."
"Hailee Amaro," Mr. Servantez sighed. I got on the stand and got put under oath. "Mrs. Amaro, where were you on the day of the murder?"
"I was undercover working at Kohl's on a sexual complaint case," I replied.
"About the time of the murder, one thirty?" Mr. Servantez asked.
"I worked a ten to five," I nodded. "I was at the register behind customer service."
"Who can verify that was at your side at the time?" Mr. Servantez asked.
"My squad knows I was undercover," I sighed. "Uhm, the store manager, Jeremy Manning was with me during that time."
"Do you mind if we call him to the stand?" Mr. Servantez asked.
"You can, but he won't know me as Hailee Amaro," I sighed.
"Please, explain," Mr. Servantez nodded.
"Like I said, I was undercover," I looked at my lawyer. "I was known as a blonde named Tiffany Ruth while I was there."
"Okay," Mr. Servantez nodded. "I'm done with you Mrs. Amaro. I call Mr. Jeremy Manning to the stand." I got off and Jeremy got on. "Mr. Manning, can you tell me if you recognize my client?"
"Anyone knows Hailee Monroe as a celebrity, but she showed up at my office as Detective Hailee Amaro," Jeremy nodded.
"How about now?" Mr. Servantez asked as he put my undercover picture up.
"That's Tiffany Ruth," Jeremy looked at the picture.
"Well, that's my client, when she was undercover," Mr. Servantez nodded. "What and where was Tiffany the day of the murder around one thirty?"
"She was with me at customer service helping take care of a customer," Jeremy replied. "She had called me up there because of a customer who was causing a scene."
"Okay," Judge Hughes nodded. "Jury, do we have a verdict?" Juror one stood up. "Yes?"
"We find the defendant not guilty," the juror replied. "We move to motion and end this trial."
"Motion granted," Judge Hughes nodded and banged the gavel. "This meeting is adjourned."
We stood up. "Thank you," I smiled as I hugged Mr. Servantez. "I'm glad Oliver found you."
"When Oliver calls, I know it's for a very good reason," Mr. Servantez nodded. "I understand that you're his sister. Anytime you need me for a case, just call."
"Thank you," I smiled. The courtroom started clearing out. I saw Nick and Zara. "Hey guys." I walked up to them and hugged them. "Gosh, I've missed you guys so much."
"We've missed you too," Nick smiled. "Come on. Let's get you home."
"I agree," I nodded. "I need something to ear because the food in the holding cell, it wasn't that good." We went home and Nick made me food. I got to spend time with Zara with a few vacation days. Seven years passed and I loved my family. I was up at six thirty that morning for Zara's first day of second grade. I finished making her lunch around seven. Nick walked downstairs ready for work and Zara was dressed for school. "There's my baby girl. Come here, Zara."
"Mommy," Zara walked up to me. "Are you sure you can't take me to school?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry," I sighed as I kneel down. I fixed her hair and helped her put her backpack on. "I hope you have fun."
"I will, Mommy," Zara smiled as I handed her the My Little Pony lunch box.
"Knock knock," Oliver walked in.
"Hey Ollie," I smiled as I stood up. "Your Uncle Oliver is here to take you to school."
"Uncle Oliver," Zara smiled as she ran up to him and hugged him.
"Hey Zara," Oliver nodded as he picked her up. "Now, I know your parents don't want you to be late."
"Yeah," I nodded. "Bye Zara. We'll see you after school."
"Bye Mommy," Zara waved. "Bye Daddy."
"See you later, honey," Nick nodded. Oliver and Zara left. "You ready to go to work?"
"Yeah," I nodded. We got into the car and went to the precinct. "I'm ready to get started on a case."
"Just jump right into work," Liv nodded. "Okay. Well, let's get to work now."
"Nick has a little something to say," I sighed. "He's been wanting to so this since last week." I looked at Nick and he was confused. "You've been planning Zara's seventh birthday party and you wanted to invite everyone to be there."