Chapter 13: "Love."

A/N: I’M SORRY FOR THE SUPER DUPER MEGA LATE UPDATE. AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT, THE VOTES AND ESPECIALLY THE COMMENTS IN THE PAST CHAPTERS. IT MOTIVATED ME EVEN MORE TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FIC.

Chapter 13: "Love."

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, confused. Both of them are staring at me so intently that it started to creep me out.

“Appa!” Siyeon yelled opening her arms like she wants a hug. and that broke their stares. Siwon slowly smiled,

“It’s nothing,” he said as he walked his way towards us, “it’s just that i didn’t realize before how good your laugh is and how much more pretty you get when you laugh like that.” He kissed my cheek and lifted Siyeon.

“I’ll see you outside.” He turned towards the door. His shirt got wet with Siyeon in his arms hugging him like there’s no tomorrow. It was such a nice view. For a second, you can really see how much of a perfect dad Siwon is.

When they were out of my sight, i heard someone cough. I almost forgot Hyukjae was still in the room.

“It seems like you’re happy with Siwon, why  would you want a divorce? It’s obvious Siwon loves Siyeon very much.”

I stood up, and faced him. “It’s none of your business. From the start, it was you who pushed me out of your life, anyway.” I tried to laugh, “And it’s not just ‘obvious’, it’s a fact. Of course Siwon love Siyeon. But only her.” And not me. I wanted to say that but not infront of Hyukjae. I walked out.

I shook out all of what happened. It’s all in the past now. Nothing will change. I’ll just forget everything. That’s where I’m good at, anyway.

As I step closer to the Living room, the louder the noise got. I’m not used to having this many people in the house all at once so maybe that’s why I feel like my eardrums are popping out because of the noises.

In the living room, everyone is busy. Watching TV, Playing computer.. etc! I sighed and massaged my temples. I think I’m having a headache.

“Sister-in-law!” His name, Ryeowook, yelled from the kitchen. I went to him and saw him do all the cookings. “Can you prepare the Kimchi? My hands are full.” I nodded.

“So, you’re hyung’s wife? I’m sorry I didn’t have any chance to introduce myself earlier. I’m Kim Ryeowook.” He’s too cute for a boy. And if I were given a chance to pick who I want to be as my dongsaeng, my first choice will definitely him.

“Ah, yeah,” i tried to laugh at the awkwardness, “I’m So Yeonsu.”

“I’ve always wanted to cook with hyung’s girlfriend but now i think i’m even luckier because it’s not just a girlfriend but a wife.” He giggled,

“And why would you want that?” I asked, smiling.

“Because I want to get to know them by how they cook. And also, I want to learn from them and teach them hyung’s favourite dishes.”

I looked at him. Out of all of the members so far, he’s the one I quickly got comfortable talking. He’s the kind that even though you feel like you’re not good enough, he can make you feel better.

I flinched when a pair of hands immediately encircled around my waist. When I turned around to see who it was, my whole body tensed and I was taken aback. Siwon’s face is merely a few inches away from mine.

This kind of feeling is foreign to me. Even though married for 6 years and counting, I couldn’t remember the last time he held me this close.

“I’ve been looking for you, pretty wife.” He whispered and seeing how tensed I was, he smirked.

“Ah! Hyung! If you want to do some skinship, do it somewhere private!” Ryeowook whined but the smile is obvious from his tone.

I quickly looked away and tried to push him, “Let go. It’s embarrassing.” I said in a low voice.

“Why is it embarrassing? You’re my wife so it must be natural, right?” He said. I rolled my eyes. “Come on, Siyeon is looking for you.” I nodded and then he let me go.

When I went back to the living room, I called Siyeon’s name but she wasn’t answering until I spotted her, sitting on the lap of Kyuhyun and watching him play again.

“Siyeon!” I called out much louder.

“Oh! Omma! Over here!” She raised her hand for me to see but her eyes never left the screen of Kyuhyun’s laptop.

I sighed, I walked over there.

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. Siyeon is very young for this so stop teaching her.” I tried to not raise my voice.

“I’m sorry, sister-in-law. But it wasn’t me. She came here and voluntarily watched. I didn’t force h- AISH THAT JERK!” My eyes widened in surprise.

It took a second for me to gain back my senses. Kyuhyun turned around, “Ah, i’m sorry sister-in-law! It wasn’t you I meant. Siyeon, go to your mom now.” Siyeon climbed down from his lap and held my hand.

“Omma, I’m hungry!” Siyeon whined.

“Food’s ready!” Ryeowook yelled from the kitchen. Just in time.

Before I could take a step forward, Immediately, the living room’s empty. Even Kyuhyun is no longer playing. All of them were in the dining room, patiently waiting for the food to arrive from the kitchen.

I walked towards the table and took a seat in between Siwon and Kyuhyun. Siyeon was sitting on my lap. When all of the food were placed and prepared, we were all ready to dig in.

I was in awe. How can this food be this delicious? And to think that it was prepared by only one person with this many people. No wonder Siwon doesn’t usually eat lunch here at home. The food cooked by Ryeowook was two times much more better than mine.

After dinner, they all went back to what they were doing. Watch TV, Play Computer. I helped Ryeowook do the dishes.

“Aren’t you tired?” I asked him. He turned to me,

“What? Of course no.” He said with a smile.

“I don’t understand it. Don’t you get tired and angry sometimes? You cook the food AND you wash the dishes. If I weren’t here, none of them might be even helping you.”

His eyes were quizzical but yet his smile didn’t fade, not one bit. “It’s because this makes me happy.” He pointed at the plates,

I raised my eyebrow, confused. “What do you mean?”

“Cooking them food, Doing the dishes.. this makes me happy. That's it. ” He looked at me, “Sometimes, we tend to make things complicated. We blame others, find excuses.. when all along, the answer to your question was in front of you, you’re just trying to avoid it.”

And then, the second i heard it, there's this sudden realization.

Me filing the divorce wasn’t because of Siwon. It wasn’t because of his ignorance for the past six years.They're only excuses. It’s because there’s something more that I want but he couldn’t give me. Love.