Real Game

They were on their way back to the forest when Clove noticed something.

"What happened to your arm?" she asked curiously. "I fought an enemy but this is nothing to worry about." he responded. It was probably because of Thresh, she thought. But Thresh was already defenseless when Cato attacked him. Everything that happened back there wasn't anticipated.

"You mean .. " It can't be Thresh. It's impossible that Peeta did it to him either, he's still weak but Marvel can. "Marvel" she sighed.. "Our dear ally from district 1 is not that stupid than I thought. Both of us almost got ourselves killed today. But the odds was still on our favor .. for now." said Cato.

"He finally did it." Clove murmured. "Did the what?" said Cato, clutching his wounded arm. "He finally showed us his dark side, he's finally our enemy and no longer an ally. This is the part of the game when allies turn into enemies .. everything's about to end. The Capitol is already looking forward to have a new Victor." she choked, the thought of it excites and causes fear to her. 'Why are you being like that? You shouldn't feel that way. You're still alive. Cato won't let anything bad happen to you.You're going to be the new Victor.' another side of her echoes in her mind.

Cato abruptly stopped as he slightly groan in pain. Clove immediately checked his wounded arm that is starting to bleed again. "Don't move." she said as she look for something inside the small backpack that she got from the feast. Fortunately, she was able to find something for him. "I'm not certain about this but I hope this will do." she open the small can containing somewhat resembling to an ointment. "But I'm okay, this is nothing." said Cato. "You'll get infected eventually, so I'm just preventing it to happen." she started applying the ointment on his arm carefully. "Feeling better?" she asked. Their eyes met and never looked away. "I would never forgive myself if anything bad happens to you. I'll make sure you'll get out of this arena." he said, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry." Clove whispered to him. "For what?" he looks at her and tears started to fall from her eyes. "If it wasn't because of me you wouldn't be here. You're supposed to think of yourself at times like this but here you are, making sure I'm alright even if it cost you danger. It's all my fault. You should've chose to stay back there .." she was interrupted when his lips touches hers.

"I don't regret anything. I know it'll all be worth it." he said as they parted from the kiss.

It'll be. I'll become the new Victor. Clove thought to herself.

The real game has begun.

A/n I'm back! ☝