Confession

After seeing Cato's interview, Clove and Enobaria had started plotting their plan. The plan which would bring Clove and Cato together.

"I'll make him talk to you and confess his feelings." said Enobaria.

"Okay."

"I need you to act naturally. You need to convinced him that you like him too." added Enobaria.

"Fine."

Enobaria was quite annoyed at how Clove responded.

"You need to take this seriously! I know you still think this is silly but it's a strategy. See what happens in the crowd during his interview? It has become an advantage. It was Cato's own words. He's really sincere about it."

Clove laughed.

"You don't even care about him. You said he was sincere about it but then what we're going to do will hurt him. Well it's not my fault if he gets broken. He's letting that weakness into him which will be an advantage to me. He doesn't even have an interest to be here but because of me, he's here. Facing his death. I didn't even forced him to volunteer and went after me. Every one of them is my enemy, Glimmer, Marvel and Cato. Don't worry, I won't disappoint you. I know what to do." she said calmly, leaving Enobaria speechless.

*******************************************

Cato was pacing back and forth when Clove entered the room. He looks tensed as she approached him.

"Is there anything wrong?" asked Clove.

'There's no turning back. Now's the time.' Cato thought to himself.

"We've never really talked to each other but I just want to tell you something."

"What is it?"

Cato smiled.

"I've never really talked about this girl because I don't have the courage to tell her. I'm tough outside and inside but I don't think my heart can't handle it anymore. It keeps on beating everyday whenever she's there but it almost stopped one day when I thought I would lose her. I guess it's better late than never. The girl I've been talking about .."

Cato paused. Unsure if he's really going to say it, he looks at Clove who's confused about the situation.  He could've said it before, maybe Clove won't volunteer or maybe they could've been together. He regrets it.

He breathed heavily.

"It was you Clove. And I'm so stupid for telling you this when I know it's already too late."

Upon hearing his words, Clove immediately turned away.

A/n then what happens next?

cliffhanger! 😏