Tracker Jackers

Night came and they were gathered around the campfire. Katniss was still up in the tree.

"How long do you think she'll be up there?" asked Marvel.

"I think she won't last there for so long. She's badly wounded. She'll be down tomorrow." said Glimmer confidently.

"She's quite skilled. Underestimating her would lead us to nothing. Even getting ourselves killed." Clove interrupted.

"I agree with that. We shouldn't underestimate anyone. It would lead into a fatal mistake. Right loverboy? " said Cato as he gazed at Peeta.

Glimmer inched herself closer to Cato. Then she put her arms around him. Cato was dumbfounded that he immediately throw her arms away. Annoyance formed in his face.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he moved away from her.

Seeing Glimmer's expression, Marvel erupted in laughter. Clove bit her lip and tries not to laugh.

They all fall asleep soundly thereafter. Unaware of what's going to happen the next morning.

--

Katniss was awoken by a quite noise. It was the tribute from district 11. The mischievous girl who took Cato's knife back in training.

She was pointing something above Katniss. Resembling a beehive. Katniss took the chance as the other tributes were still in a deep slumber. Slowly, she started cutting it down without making a ruckus.

In no time, horrified screams from the tributes were heard as the tracker jacker bees dispersed around them.

Cato, Clove and Marvel immediately fled away from the scene. Peeta was nowhere to be found. Glimmer was left alone screaming as she stumbled and meet her unfortunate death. Her beauteous feature was disfigured by the tracker jacker bees. Her canon goes off.

Cato heave a sigh of relief as he and Clove was able to escape.

Marvel was quite disappointed.

"She's subtle with bow & arrows and was able to kill some. But can't save herself from those bees!" he muttered out of frustration.

"Aren't you supposed to pity her? After all, she's your district partner and an ally." said Cato.

"Pity her? Pity? We're not supposed to feel that. And an ally? Yeah, we might be allies for now but we're still going to kill each other. I'm your enemy. You're my enemy. It's a shame for our district you know!"

"Since when did your district even cared for the game? I thought district 1 is just all about luxury. Just for showing off .." Cato smirked.

"What did you say?" Marvel gripped his spear tightly.

"I'm just saying the truth."

"Well, you know nothing at all! Just because poor district 2 is affiliated with the Capitol for the supplied weapons they make plus most peacekeepers came from them. Wait, so that's the reason why you're feeling superior huh?" Marvel's losing his temper.

"Exactly. We're the ones who are truly useful. Imagine, without us you'll never have the weapon you're holding right now. Without us, how do you think they'll be able to maintain order? Do you think people from your district are fit to become peacekeepers? I think not. When all they think about is overrated things I can't think of." Cato is keeping his composure.

Marvel gritted his teeth in anger.

"I am really going to kill both of you if you don't stop talking nonsense!" Clove chimed in.

"Glimmer underestimated Katniss. Look at what happened to her. And we're still under the Capitol no matter what. We're still their slaves. They don't care if we die. Okay?" she glared at them.

"And Peeta? I think he tricked us." she added.

A/n Heyyyyyy! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!