Chapter 8

CeePOV.:

I woke up to the sound of warning howls. Slowly rolling up, I let out a whine. Jack! Jack! Help me up you jerk! Before I could even finish scolding at him, I felt myself shift into my human form, myself groaning a bit from the sudden pain. "Jaaaaaaaaaaack!"

I was quickly pulled up bridal style by Jackson, who helped me into a maternity summer dress beforehand. "I'm dropping you off at the pack bunker, okay?"

"Are they here already?!" I gasped in shock. It wasn't that I'm shocked that they came. I'm shocked that they thought doing it at two in the afternoon would be a smart idea. And yes, I was still sleeping until two in the afternoon. Don't judge me. Jackson nodded to my question, rushing outside and dashing behind objects until we reached the bunker. A few of the pack members helped me to my feet, but I turned and gave Jackson a soft kiss. "Be careful, okay? Our pup still needs her father with us." I winked at him playfully, but with a serious undertone.

Jackson smiled back and kissed me back. "I swear on my wolf we'll come back alive so we can raise our pup."

Nodding in response, I playfully hit his butt to hurry up before being helped down the stairs. "Now, is Mathew here? And do we have pineapples and twix? I'm really craving some right now. Actually, I'm craving pineapples, sweet cherries, and whipped cream. So we have that?"

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

JacksonPOV.:

Smiling as I heard Cee ramble on, I mind-linked Lukas. Okay, how's it looking out there? I asked as I shifted and started running towards the fighting.

'Pretty well actually, no deaths on our side. Only two deeply injured. Half of the rouges have either run off and have been killed.' He replied back, slightly huffing for breath.

Finally entering the fighting, I nodded at him. Thanks. Make sure that Black is kept alive. Race needs to stay alive, and Mathew might have a way to do that. He just nodded at me before attacking another wolf. Okay. Now, who's up?

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

'We found Black! I have him down and unconscious!' My beta, Hudson, stated as I killed the last rouge. 'Mathew is already here.'

Okay, don't let him go! I'll be there soon! I replied, rushing towards their scents. As I arrived, Black, or in this case Race with silver eyes, awoke. Race, I started before shifting back to my human form. "All of the rouges are dead."

He snorted, looking at me with thankful eyes. 'Thank you, now, here's the thing-' Race started off, smiling sheepishly.

"We can't save Race and kill Black. It's either kill both, or save both." Mathew stated, eyes a bit hard and face, for once, completely emotionless.

Smiling even more sheepishly, Race shrugged. 'Just take my life, I already lost my mate, and I've lived as much as I wanted. Maybe just a bit more than I would've liked...' He rolled onto his back. 'Okay, here ya go. Make it painless please.'

I blinked widely. I wasn't expecting that. "Race, I can't just kill you! Cee would be so sad! Gods, she'll blame me! Can't we jus-"

'Oh my lords Jackson! Man up, take my life to end more possible suffering, and tell Cecilia that Alexander was being an ignorant egomaniac and thought that his 'pack' wouldn't turn their backs on us!' I was going to retaliate, but he growled warningly. 'My spirit will follow you, and I will protect my pup until I fade completely. Now, after I'm gone, I want a simple little burial remembering me, not Alexander, and make sure there's either chocolate cheesecakes, or Oreo ice cream cake!'

Sighing, I turned to Mathew and nodded. "Do it. Painlessly, please." He nodded and pulled out a small needle with an off white substance inside. "Pleasure knowing you Race." I smiled softly at him.

He rolled his eyes, before smirking. 'If you have a son, name him after me, Race, not my idiotic human, Alexander...' he looked up and nodded. 'Oh, and the pup's coming out soon.'

Nodding, I patted his side before realizing what he said. "Wait, what?!"

'Remember, cheesecakes and Oreo ice cream cake!' He grinned tiredly before sighing and closing his eyes.

Sh*t! I shifted and ran back to Cee. Get Race's burial ready! I yelled at Hudson. F*ck, hold on Cee!

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

Hey! Missed me? Missed the updates?

Yeah?!

Oh... nay?

...

Heheh, sorry 'bout Race, but, hey, I updated!

Don't hate me *shields self with a buttress* (if anyone gets that reference, I love ya!)

Welps, one or two chapters left!

Don't yell at me, cause it is stated (in the tags) that this is a short story. Albeit, not the best one, but, hey, I tried, and this was started when I was is eighth grade, sooo... yeah

*awkward silence*

Heheh...

...

Welps, until next time! Love, Hugs, and Skittle guns! Ciao!