Chapter 1

[Aiko Pov]

"Aiko, are you ready to go yet?" I heard my sister yell from downstairs. I quickly finished shoving my belongings into my rucksack and glanced around my empty room. I was going to miss this place and the memories I had made here over the years. From the sleepovers I used to have with my friends as a child to the nights of intense studying, everything was being left behind. With a sigh I closed my bedroom door.

"Sure I guess. Not that I want to go" I mumbled trudging down the stairs while staring at my sister Ema with a blank expression on my pale face. I couldn't believe that we were already leaving to go live with our new 'family.' We had only been told a few days ago that our father was engaged to a woman who we didn't even know he was seeing and now we were about to go and live with her children.

"Bus or train?" I asked Ema who was mumbling things to Juli. Ever since he had found out that we were staying with our brothers he hadn't been quiet and frankly it was slowly getting on my nerves. We weren't children, we could protect ourselves from a couple of boys despite whatever he thought. After all, we were going to be related through marriage, what's the worst that could happen?

"I'm gonna catch the bus." She replied with a smile. I nodded and picked up our bags and walked side by side with her, I couldn't shake the annoyed feeling tugging at my heart.

"This is such a pain in the ass" I complained with a sigh. Our dad wasn't even here to help us find our way to our new home and my bags were slowly getting heavier and heavier with each step I took.

"Why? I think it's exciting that we're gonna be with our step brothers." Ema responded, taking her bags from me. She was always so positive about everything that came her way and I was slightly envious of it. Throughout my life I had always had doubts but, Ema was carefree and laid back- she had always been perfect.

"Cheers, I felt like my arm was gonna fall off."

Ema giggled slightly. I guess no matter how bad my life gets from this moment on I will always still have Ema which I honestly didn't mind that much. She was the only person I would ever need, the only family I'd accept.

As we waited for the bus Juli started squeaking about the terrible 'wolves' we would soon encounter. To him all human males were the same, they were perverted and forceful and only wanted one thing from a woman. Unlike him I was aware that they weren't all like that, in fact my best friend was a boy and was nothing of the sort. But I understood where his concern was coming from, Ema and I hardly knew any guys let alone have had a romantic relationship with one.

When the bus finally arrived we boarded it and continued with our idle chatter. I say talking, but it was more of me silently complaining about how much stuff I was going to have to unpack while Ema looked at the scenery and spoke to Juli. I glanced down at my phone to see if there were any new messages but as I expected there were none. Our dad had yet to phone or even text us to see how moving day was going. He was probably too busy with his soon to be wife to even check up on my sister and I.

While I was lost in my thoughts I almost missed Ema calling my name. My attention was brought back to reality where I realised we were supposed to be getting off the bus. We got off at the stop then walked down a street. Ema and I walked in a comfortable silence. I glanced at her only to see her gazing around in amazement. The area we were walking through was so different compared to our old town. There were large houses with grand gardens and skyscrapers whose tops seemed to touch the sky.

"Don't you think dad could of at least told us he was getting married?" I asked, staring at the ground while we were walking. No matter how amazing it looked I didn't care, I liked our old home.