S E V E N

With Christmas around the corner, it brought the knowledge that it would be the first one without their mother. Louis let out another sigh as he watched the gloomy clouds roll by. It was calling for rain, which Louis felt would match his shitty mood perfectly. Glancing at Niall he lets his mind return to his thinking. Niall's not in headspace. Does he really accept all this, or is he a pawn? It would make sense, Louis reasons with pursed lips. Having a child already in headspace or accepting of the treatment could and more than likely would help another kid fall easier. "Wanna play?" Niall calls, his bright blue eyes peering up ar Louis who had perched himself next to the window in the living room, "n-no." He mumbles curling further into himself. Louis was still beating himself up for telling Liam to accept what was happening to them. Why the hell would Louis tell Liam to give up the fight If he wasn't even willing too? Or was he? Louis was tired, he was constantly upset, and the pros out weighted the cons.

Frowning, Louis returns his stare to the window, he hoped for rain. Living with Harry and Zayn wasn't a dream. Living with them wasn't Heaven on earth. He was forced to use a diaper, forced to eat in a highchair. Kept safe from Dean, Hidden from his mother, Loved by two people would give him anything his heart desired, Liam could be happy. Liam could be happy. He was happy, until he fell out of headspace. Was it greedy of Louis for wanting to leave? Worse that he secretly wanted Liam to stay. Louis couldn't give Liam the best life, he accepts that, but he could give himself a decent life. He didn't think Harry and Zayn gave the best life, but he was fed, clothed, loved, and given a shelter.

Harry sipped his tea watching Liam sit in the bath as he worked on his iPad letting the little one play. With Christmas being two weeks away, Harry had sent Zayn out for stocking stuffers as he and the kids would put up the tree. That was his plan until Liam had woken up with the stomach bug. After an hour of crying, the baby finally agreed to a bath. Putting bubbles in it, Harry threw in some toy ships and rubber ducks. Liam shockingly enough grabbed the boat first swishing it around with sound effects. Shampooing his hair, Harry kissed his forehead, "Do you want to help Papa put the tree up?" Liam peered up at him, big doe eyes on display, "Y-yea." Getting the boy out, Harry changed him into a nappy putting him in a long sleeve onesie, "Santa's little helper." Written on the front, "Too cute." He beams.

Entering the living room, Harry sets Liam on the floor sliding a pacifier in his mouth. Strolling over to Louis he kneels down, "Enough pondering for one day, yes?" The earthy eyed boy gives a sheepish nod, Harry smiling as he kisses his hair scooping him up; "Daddy will be back soon, so before he gets home, Papa wants to put the tree up. Think we can do it?" Receiving three different "Yeas." Harry nods placing Louis down to grab the box with ornaments and lights. Wrapping them around the tree, he laughs handing all three different ornaments that are coloured to match the theme. Gold, Red, and a tint of crème. Not to much though. Harry had a fancy tree, not a marshmallow.

Louis smiles as he puts a shiny red one on a branch, Looking to Liam, Louis grins. There Liam is smiling at the tree in front of him the lights causing him to glow. Harry is next to him looknig up in awe as Niall is putting them on as fast as he can. "Isn't is pretty?" He hears Harry ask, the mans voice thick and deep, Louis liked that. It didn't rattle his chest like Zayn's did, but still Louis liked it. It was another minute of watching Liam that Louis lets out the most beautiful sound.

Zayn's unlocking the front door entering the warm house out of the cold to see his family around a Christmas tree. Harry was knelt by Liam's side helping him put an ornmanet up, Niall hanging three at a time, and Louis next to Liam watching him. Smiling at his family, Harry looks up seeing Zayn smiling towards him in greeting. Liam squeals clapping his hands as he places a sparkly golden one; it's then Zayn's smile widens, Louis giggles. The toddler laughs at his younger brother brining a laugh from Liam. Taking a seat in his recliner, Niall catches Zayn in his sight running over, leaving Harry with the two brothers that continue to laugh like they hadn't in forever.

Louis laughs more, his face growing red along with Liam as he leans over pulling him into a hug, It'll be the FIRST Christmas without their mother, and that alone is a pro.

>I know it's not too long. I also know the ending might be a little sketchy, I'm sorry if that line offends anyone, I know the incident might be a little too soon for this, but this story is purely fictional and that's why I can even continue to write it. Nothing I write is ever meant to be taken offensively or harmful. The story needed it to help, that is all. I did not write that line to highlight the passing of Jay. <

>>On a happier note, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

>>BTW, not too sure if anyone reads these but I'm going to put it in here, my boyfriend of three longs years has finally proposed! (Not sure if it was EVER going to happen) It completely surprised me, he did it in front of my father who is a big part of my life. For those that don't know, I have had a problem with drugs in the past. I met him in rehab and we've both been to rock bottom and back. So our relationship has never been stronger when we both passed out first year of being drug free. So it's been a very Merry Christmas for me, and I hope and wish you all one as well. Um, we were going to see lights in Nashville at the opryland hotel if anyone knows that place, and in front of a row of beautifully lit trees he proposed to me with very sweet words that I won't bore anyone with. In the end I said yes, and that's that. I'M GETTING MARRIED! EEEK!

>>I'm so sorry y'all! If you're still reading than I hope you enjoyed the chapter please vote and comment and Merry christmas and happy new year!

>20+ comments for your next chapter