Twenty questions & fights

“Lets play twenty questions.”

“Why?”

“Just for fun.”

“Why?”

“Why do you have to be so difficult?!”

“Why do you always want to play kids games?”

“Twenty questions is not for kids!” He shouted, angrily.

“Yes, it is,” she said is a monotone voice.

“No it isn’t! Who said?”

She pointed her finger to her face.

“Oh, so just because Charlie Hudson says something is child play, it’s considered child’s play?”

“You nailed it,” she said, examining her eclectic blue painted nails.

“I’M DOING THIS FOR YOU!” He burst out.

She flinched, “don’t do whatever it is for me then.”

“I won’t talk to you then, Charlie,” he spoke softly.

“Then don’t,” she said, turning her face away from his. And just to end her perfect facade, she delivered the final blow. “I couldn’t care less if you did.”

She heard a choked sob and some ruffling and when she turned around after a solid minute, she saw his figure disappearing  through the tall grass.

What had she done? It was just a simple game; it wouldn’t hurt her. Maybe she was afraid that if he knew too much, then he will walk away from her, and she couldn’t bear that much.

He had become a part of her crazy life and she didn’t want him to go.

-----

a/n: sorry for making charlie act like a beyotch, but i swear she isn't like that at all, she's just going through tough problems. 

tell me how you like it in the comments and vote if you want? thanks so much for the support, yet again <33