Ch.12

Everyone was all happy and excited, Graduation list was out and anxiety crept in the air as everyone had to find out if they were going to be the new graduates of 2015. Hannah and I walked slowly to the end of the hall where the list was posted. Our names were next to each other, Hannah squeezed the life out of my arm. 

"Easy Hannah I actually want my both arms intact on graduation day." 

She giggled "I'm actually surprised I'm on there, English was a b**ch". I forced a smile "What's wrong Brit? We are leaving this hell hole I was expecting just a little more excitement." 

"Forgive me that I'm not my peachy self Hannah but you do need to understand that My boyfriend slash ex math teacher is about a mile away right now and won't even get to see me graduate." I replied sarcastically. 

Hannah put her arms on my shoulder and looked me directly in the eye. "Listen I know Patricks' not here and that sucks, but he would be pissed to find out you're here moping around because of him. Relax it's not like he's dead." 

A smile escaped from my lips. "Okay Fine, but you don't expect me to be going to prom do you?" 

"No and not a problem because I had already decided to stay home and watch horror movies till I got scared  enough to shit my pants." 

"Really I thought you and Nathan would go together." 

"Hell no, prom is for the losers who feel the need to dress up in pink and hope to lose their innocence on that night." 

I laughed, she wasn't lying "Well then, horrors and popcorn it is." I smiled as we walked down to the auditorium. Of course Principal Benson asked to meet with all the seniors in order to tell us the criteria for graduation and all that drama that I really didn't pay much attention to. 

Graduation eventually came and it had finally hit me. I was leaving West Point high and that was freaking fantastic. I got accepted to three colleges but of course I chose the one near home and near Patrick so that distance between us wouldn't be a problem. It was actually a rainy day but thankfully the ceremony was held indoors in some huge cathedral. 

The overall it was pretty was boring until we were called for our certificates that is. That part was terrifying. I heard my name being called but I had to get a nudge from Hannah to confirm that I was next. I walked up to the stage heart racing, what if I fell off? What if there was a hole in my gown? I was about to faint as I approached Ms. Simon she was smiling and I couldn't even smile back I looked at the crowd swallowing hard and although there seemed to be hundreds of faces there he was, I'm sure my heart skipped a beat. Patrick actually came to my graduation. I couldn't miss his handsome face, I looked at him and smiled as I accepted my certificate. All the fear subsided when I saw Patrick.

I sat in my assigned seat next to Hannah, she smiled at me and I smiled back she was so beautiful today with her soft make-up which brought out her piercing green eyes and her hair in big bouncy curls, I was proud of her. 

"O.M.G Hannah, Patrick's here." I whispered. 

"I know, I told him where and what time it was starting." 

I was surprised that Patrick and Hannah actually planned this together. I wanted to just hug and kiss her but we were sitting and I really didn't want to bring too much attention to us. 

"I love you Hannah." Was all I could let out. 

"I know I know." She said as she poked me with her certificate. 

When the ceremony was over I looked all over for Patrick but I couldn't find him, I guess he had to leave early I was beginning to feel disappointed when someone tapped me on the shoulder.  

"Congratulations. Miss Delorentis."  

I grinned, I knew that voice too well I quickly turned to see Patrick standing tall in a grey suit.  

"Patrick!" I screamed as I hugged him tight "You actually came." 

"Well it was kinda hard seeing that you refused to give me any information to get here." 

"I didn't want you to think I was pressuring you." I said releasing him from my grip.

"Brittney this is a big moment. I wouldn't want to miss this." 

"I'm glad you came." I blushed. 

He moved some hair off my face and held my chin, he was about to kiss me when suddenly.....

"Brittney?" I heard my mom say I turned to find her, my dad, and Jamie staring at me blankly. 

I was caught on the spot. I couldn't just make him disappear and as much as I despised it I had to let them know about me and Patrick. "Mom, dad this is my close friend Patrick." I announced I looked at my dad, I could tell he was trying his best to stay calm. 

"How close?" he asked but my mom quickly elbowed him hard.

"Nice to finally meet you Patrick." She said breaking the awkward silence between us. 

"I'm Jamie, Brittney's sister and yes she got all her looks from me." Jamie said stretching out her arm. They all laughed at her rude little comment. 

"It's nice to meet you Jamie." Patrick said shaking her hand slowly. 

"Well, if you will excuse us we have some snacks calling our name outside." My dad finally said. 

I was actually relieved because I wanted to escape from them ASAP. The three of them began to leave. 

"It was nice to meet you all." Patrick concluded. My dad simply gave a grim smile, but that was a lot knowing him. 

I waited for them to leave completely. "Well that went well." I said turning to him. 

"Um yea, your dad hates me." 

"He doesn't hate you, he's just a little over-protective." 

"Well I would be too if I had a beautiful daughter like Jamie." 

I punched him "Funny." I said as he chuckled. 

"I still love you." I whispered. 

"I love you too." 

He planted a soft but long kiss on my lips, removing all my hot red lipstick, but it was a perfect end to a perfect day.

If you are wondering what happened in the future well my dad finally got use to Patrick and I dating, Jamie didn't follow in my footsteps she is actually madly in love with some guy who is younger than her (coocoo i know!). Hannah got this huge career in acting and her maid just happens to be Lisa Winfield i think she has about 4 kids now at 24 and has no idea who's the dad of any. Oh and as for me and Patrick well there have been some ups and downs in our relationship but we both know I'll always be TEACHER'S PET. 

THE END.