Ch.4

After several classes with my mom I learned quite a lot about Shantel Peters. She was sweet, a little too sweet, almost boring. I kept asking myself, how could this be Mr. Bolmans' Shantel? Where was the edge? However although she was quite plain her looks were the exact opposite. She was blonde; not a natural though, I could tell, she had pouty lips and a slender nose, she almost had no boobs but her ass really made up for it. I guess Mr. Bolman liked a girl with a huge butt. I remember in one class I made friendly conversation with her and she actually gave me a lot of info on Mr. Bolman; that I would use to my advantage of course.  

The cooking instructor was teaching us how to make some Herbed Chicken Parmesan; I was cooking next to her. 

"Okay ladies so after the breadcrumb mixture is made we then add butter to a non-stick pan to shallow fry the chicken. So let's go, add your pieces of chicken into the pan." The kitchen was already smelling divine as everyone's chicken sizzled, I looked over to my mom I could tell she was really enjoying herself. 

"Now collect your ingredients for the sauce, this sauce will be poured over the chicken." 

I did as I was told immediately so I then looked over to see how this Shantel was getting along. She looked at me embarrassed. "Britney is it? I seemed to have misplaced the salt, could you pass me some of yours?" She asked. 

I smiled; this girl was so hopeless, she looked totally confused. "Sure." I said as I passed her my salt. "You're not enjoying this are you?" I quizzed while adding vinegar to the meat like a pro. 

She giggled nervously. "Not really, but I mean it's for a good cause."  

"What do you mean?" I pressed her for information. 

"This guy I'm seeing is a real gourmand so learning to do this is a must for me." 

I almost dropped my tongues, she looked at me curiously. "You must really love him." 

" It's hard not to, he actually loves coconut cake but I can't make scrambled eggs without making a mess of it much less for baking him a cake." 

Damn she really was bad. "Well I'm sure he'll look pass that." 

She blushed as if thinking about him. I almost wanted to choke the life out of her. "Yea, and you want know the worst part?" 

"What's that?" I asked trying not to sound annoyed at her bubbly personality. 

"He has no clue I'm here. I just think it would be too embarrassing if he would know. Don't you think?" 

I was about to answer when the instructor interrupted. "Okay your chicken should be tender by now. Turn off you fire everyone. Place them in the dish so that they can cool." 

I was about to pinch a bite out of the chicken when the instructor spanked my hand. " NO NO NO. Pour your sauce over the chicken; don't nibble on the unfinished product, Ms. Brittney." Everyone turned to me, I felt shame swoop across my face, as my mom pretended like she had no idea who I was.  

On the way home she kept nagging about how I had no manners. I on the other hand just tried to forget about that incident and focus on the positive. I was finally going to receive my pop quiz results on Thursday and I knew exactly what those would bring. 

******************************************************************************** 

"I must say, threatening you guys with extra classes really did the trick." Mr. Bolman said as he walked through the isle distributing our graded papers. He smirked as the students in the class chuckled. "Well some of you." He continued as he placed my paper on my desk. 

I quickly picked it up. I automatically saw the D+ stamped in the corner of the paper. I honestly thought I would do worst faking to be dumb wasn't easy.  

Hannah poked me grinning "Do my eyes deceive me or is that really a B on the top of my paper." 

"Oh that's a B alright." I replied after analyzing her paper, her mistakes were so silly Hannah could have gotten an A had she just taken her time to add the equations. 

"How'd you do?" she asked. 

I sighed "Not so good" I said sliding my paper to her. 

Hannah's mouth dropped "Wow Britney that's harsh. Is this even possible?" 

"I know, I guess I should have practised more.....oh well" I said frowning. 

Hannah looked at me suspiciously. By this time Mr. Bolman was already at the front of the class, he moved on to a new topic that day, it was something about multiplying binomials. It was really frustrating and by the end of class I was mentally exhausted. Hannah and I got up and headed for the door. 

"Ms. Delorentis, please wait a moment." Mr. Bolman called out Hannah rolled her eyes. 

"Sure." I said as I paused. 

"I'll just catch up with you later." Hannah said there was a tone of annoyance in her voice; she actually thought that Mr. Bolman cheated me of my grade. 

The class was empty by now, since no one really wanted to linger around in algebra class, the bell was always the best part of the period.  

Mr Bolman looked at me sternly, almost angry.  

"Is something---" 

"D+?" He interrupted "I know you can do better than this Brittney." 

I lowered my head trying not to blush at his genuine concern."I had a lot of work to deal with this week; algebra isn't the only subject on my plate. Plus those questions were really hard." I lied 

"They were not hard at all." He retorted 

I began to panic lying wasn't my specialty "Was I the only person to fail?"  

He turned away knowing what I was getting at. "That's not the point you're different I would really hate to fail you for this class." He paused "With that being said, you will have to return here tomorrow afternoon." 

I quickly turned away, breaking eye contact in order to prevent myself from blushing. 

"Is that clear?" He asked sternly. 

I nodded and left the room filled with deep satisfaction. Phase one was complete.