Ch.7

"No no no miss Peters, the dry ingredients are to be mixed separate from the wet.'' 

"Sorry, my head's all over the place today." 

"Focus on food miss Peters...nothing else." The cooking instructor warned. 

The class was making a basic chocolate cake that day but something was bothering Shantel I could tell by the way she moved. I stepped closer to her. 

"Are you alright?" I asked genuinely concerned. 

"Yeah, just have a lot on my mind." She replied, not looking like she was in the mood to share. 

"Sometimes letting some of your problems out in the open helps." I replied.

She sighed "You're right " she paused as if pondering on where would be the best place to start. "It's my boyfriend, if I'm still allowed to call him that." 

I clenched my jaw still trying to keep the 'concerned stranger'act going "Oh, whats wrong?"  

"I think he's seeing someone else, he keeps getting agitated at everything I say and do, and its like he's comparing me with someone but without letting it show." 

I was surprised at my reaction to her answer, I felt guilty..like my conscience was finally kicking in as I saw her face and the hurt that was plastered on it.  

"I just don'know what to do or say anymore, even in sex its like he's bored with me" 

My eyes widened the thought of Patrick and this woman doing the nasty was too painful to imagine. "Wow" I managed to let out. 

"Sorry maybe that was a little too much info" she said as she whisked her eggs.  

"No not at all, besides I would rather pour out my heart and soul to a stranger than someone I know....less judgment you know." I replied pouring out coco powder into my Pyrex bowl. 

'You are so right, that's something Patrick would say." She smiled as she paused like falling into a trance. 

I couldn't stop my self from gloating inside. "Well, maybe he's just going through a phase, he'll come around."

Shantel smiled. "Let's hope."

"Most of you should be done with your batter by now,it's time that we begin greasing the pans." The cooking instructor updated. 

I looked over to my mom she was already pouring the batter into the pan. She was smiling when she glanced at me as the instructor passed near her. "Well done Mrs.Delorentis, you're showing great improvement."  

I felt proud for her she really did learn a lot, so did I; just not on a cooking basis. On our way home that night she kept reciting what the instructor had said to her like a child who got an A+ plus for the first time.  

*******************************************************************************************************

Shantel wasn't wrong Patrick had changed, but I was the one who was getting the better treatment. At school he would give seductive stares when no one was looking or grab my ass when the halls were crowded and everyone was on their merry way. I think this had something to do with the steamy conversations we ensued on Facebook late at night.

When my house was in clear view my knees grew weaker as I knew Patrick would be online waiting, but I didn't think he would be pleased with what I planned on telling him that day.

I went on to Facebook instantly 

Hey beautiful he started.

Me: Hey what's up? 

Him: Just grading some papers. You were on my mind earlier.

I smiled he wasn't supposed to be so sweet this would soften me and keep me grinning that wasn't the objective at hand. 

Me: We need to talk 

Him: Yes we do, I think it's time that I invited you to my house. 

My mouth dropped. This was not what I had in mind,  the complete opposite actually.  

Me: are you sure about that? 

Him: Very....when can I pick you up? 

I was lost for words I couldn't tell him about Shantel now it would ruin everything. I would just have to tell him face to face. 

Me: Well I'm free tonight, but I'm still in school I can't stay long. 

Him: I think I know that quite well. I'll pick you up at 7:00? 

Me: Seven it is.. 

I slammed the laptop shut and sighed. I was going to have my first date with my hot teacher what the hell was I going to wear?? Suddenly the door was barged open I jumped up from a fright.  

Hannah looked at me smiling. "What are you doing home on a Friday night???" 

"I'm guessing that asking you to knock would be useless." I said making way on the bed for her to release herself. 

"UM who knocks anymore? It's not like you were masturbating or something." 

"What? Hannah???!!?" I said face palming myself. 

" ohhh you were, weren't you? That explains the heat." 

I giggled " I was not! I was actually trying to figure out what the hell to wear tonight. Mr. Bolman invited me to his house." I grinned 

"Seriously. Look at you all grown up." she smiled.

"Yea with no sense of fashion, help me?"  

"No need to ask, I'm already on it." She replied walking to my closet.  

She started pulling out some really hoochy clothes allowing my eyes to bulge out of my head. 

"What are you....Hannah I'm going to his house not a strip club." 

"Darling before you know it these clothes will be off." 

Hannah really shocked me i didn't expect her to accept the fact that I was interested in my teacher that quickly. "Um wow, I doubt, he's a little um shyyy." 

"Shy??? asking you to his house and you think he's shy, Britt how naïve can you be?" I shook my head. It was obvious she didn't need an answer before I could, she interrupted. "Listen you asked for my help, wear this and it will be worth it." 

I looked at the final choice and it wasn't as bad as the first. "Fine." I answered. 

I was ready by the time Patrick was outside, well not directly outside he had to park a couple blocks away from the house.Just for precautionary measures. 

I walked down stairs with Hannah. 

My mom was watching T.v while mad dad was engrossed in some book. 

"Where are you headed in that sorry excuse for a skirt?" My dad called out. 

"Just over to Hannah's I won't be long." 

My mom turned to look at me then to my dad. "It's a Friday night Dave, let the girl enjoy her youth."  

I grinned glancing at Hannah.

"Be back by 10" he said as emotionless as he asked.

"11" my mom corrected. 

"Not a prob." Me and Hannah stormed out the house before an argument ensued. 

"Well that was easy." Hannah commented.

"When you have a mom like mine. Things like this always come easy." I replied.

We said our goodbyes and went opposite directions. As I approached Patrick's car my heart began to race and my conscience resurrected. Maybe I shouldn't go, maybe I should just turn back, what if we meet up with Shantel? What if another student see's me? I was about to turn back when he got out of the car smiling. 

" You ready?" he asked 

I gulped damn that smile. "Yea, I am." I said entering the vehicle. 

Well there was no turning back now....