Who's V-Head?

"I need to talk to you," Ben said, motioning for me to follow him out of the room.

I looked at Draco and shrugged before following my grandfather out of the room. He led me down the staircase and out the front door. I didn't know why we were outside but I didn't ask questions.

"I just wanted to speak with you away from curious ears," he said, glancing up at my bedroom window. The wind was blowing lightly but it was mostly just hot air.

"What about?"

"Now, I have respect for the Malfoy family of course...They've been very generous. But...I don't think that Draco is the one for you... Now, I know you're going to fight me on this but please, just hear me out.

"I know that you're in love with the boy, or at least you think you are...but, I think he could potentially be your downfall. The Malfoy's have been out casted by the Dark Lord... He's going to be punishing them and I think that you could be a potential target."

"But, I don't care about that. If I'm going to be a target, it may as well be for the right reasons. If he finds out that I'm muggleborn, I'm dead any—"

"He's not going to find out about that. I don't normally keep such big secrets from the Dark Lord but you're my granddaughter. I won't let him harm you. Anyway," he said, doing a few small hand gestures, "If you need someone...If you're lonely and that's the reason that you need to stay with Draco then I have someone better for you."

Oh goodness. I knew in my gut who he was going to suggest. I honestly didn't think that he was going to go through with trying to set me up with him but I was obviously underestimating his desire to have me with Nehemiah.

"Nehemiah is a very good man. He's a new death eater but he's loyal. He's stayed with me for over a year now so I know his character and he would never let anything hurt you. I think Nehemiah would be a better choice for you... I know you might not think so now but I know that in the long run, you'd thank me."

"Actually, I do think Nehemiah is a good guy. There is no denying that he's not a typical death eater... But, I refuse to let anyone dictate my love life. I love Draco and I'm staying with him. I don't care about the supposed consequences; this is what I'm going to do and I honestly don't care who doesn't like it," I said defiantly.

"Have it your way. But know that I can't protect you from everything. If a situation arises where you have to do something that you don't want to do, I can't do anything about it. I can't help your little boyfriend either... He's got to fend for himself. It's unfortunate that things have to play out like this but I guess I can't have everything I want...," he said, backing down.

I smiled triumphantly while I climbed the steps back up to my bedroom. I was happy that I stood my ground; sometimes being as stubborn as I am pays off. "What did he want to talk to you about?" Draco asked when I entered my room.

"Just trying to set me up with Nehemiah...I stood my ground and told him no and I think he'll be off my back about it now."

"I hope so... I'm sick of hearing about Nehemiah."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You don't have to be so anti-Nehemiah all the time. He's a good guy Draco. I just know it."

"Okay, let's just say he's a decent guy. That doesn't mean I have to like him."

"I guess not... Listen, you better tell me as soon as you find out what...V-head wants..."

"Who's V-head?"

"Voldemort!" I shouted, thinking my reference was obvious.

"What's wrong with You-Know-Who?"

"Everyone will know who we're talking about if we use that.....Will you just go with it?" I said exasperatedly.