Living the High Life

dedicated @JustCeline for the awesome covers!!!!!! woot!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

I have decided what I am going to do about my complicated life.

After yesterday's events (that included: good and bad) I've decided to dump Drake and enjoy my single life. If you remember, I'm only twelve. Since, Trek already has a girlfriend and Drake well... Jake doesn't like him at all, I'm going back to single-ness. Woot! Maybe I'll scout for boys next year. Right now, I'm too young to be thinking about anything.  I feel proud of myself for coming to such an amazing conclusion, now I'm going to hang out with Tia and tell her about my stupid boy drama.

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head, and get off the tattered mattress I've been sleeping on since I found this small alley, way back when I was 5 and abandoned the orphanage. I grab some jeans and a tee and quickly change. For some reason I feel excited, and feel as if I need to get somewhere because something exciting is going to happen. I run to My Treasures, still unsure of my reason for such cheerfulness and peppy happiness. As I near it, I immediately now that something must be up, the lights were off, the door was closed with the 'We're Closed, Sorry." sign on it. I start to feel extremely dizzy and scared. I push the door open, unsure of what might of happened and get a huge, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAM!!!" from a bunch of my friends and Jake. Awn, that's so sweet! I love surprises!!!! OMG, in the rush of all this boy conflict, I completely forgot that today was my birthday! See, that's another reason why being single is so much better, no pressure, no relying, no fighting etc... Suddenly Drake and Trek rush out from behind a shelf full of 'antiques' (Jake brushes up pots with dust and says they're 'antiques') holding presents. Oh crap. I groan internally, this is not how I wanted the two to meet.

"Hey, who are you?" Drake threatens.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" Trek growls menacingly.

"I'm Drake, her boyfriend." Drake states proudly.

I try to interupt, "Uh- Drake, hun. I uh-"

"Boyfriend????" Trek gasped. "I-I-sh-she-" he stuttered.

"Cat got your tongue, boy? Speak the hell up!!!!!"

"Sh-she n-never damn told me that!!!! Ugh, what the hell? And to think that I got her flowers and chocolates? What is going on here?" he asked.

"Nothing. We just went out for dinner two times that's all." I lied, not wanting to lose Trek.

"NOTHING?" Drake belted. "WHAT I DID WAS NOTHING? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KISSED ME, THE ONE WHO ASKED ME BACK ON A SECOND DATE. TO ME, YOU'RE SOUNDING LIKE THE NEEDY ONE NOW! LYING TO ME AND THIS.... THING," he pointed to Trek. "IN FRONT OF OUT FACES? ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PUPOSE? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME JEALOUS OR SOMETHING, CAUSE I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOUR THINKING IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS." I'm speechless, utterly and actually speechless. Me, Sam, the fiesty one, the one on fire, the one that always has somethig to say is speechless.

"Okay, fine, it was something, but I wanted to tell you something Drake." I huff.

"Fine! What do you need to tell me?"

"Guys, seriously." Hattie protested. Up until now, I completely forgot that all my friends and Jake were here.

"Seriously, what?" Drake asked.

"Seriously, calm down. Sam must feel like no one's listening to her, you guys are always yelling and cutting her off when she's trying to say something. So just back off, okay?" She cocks her head threateningly as if one of the dudes don't listen to her, she'll rip their head off.