My First Date (Eek!)

Chapter 3

I throw on a proper t-shirt and shorts to My Treasures. I don't want people to look at me if I was wearing torn clothes and pity me because I'm a hobo. While I walk I get a couple of cat calls and whistles from the boys walking by. Truth is, the shorts I was wearing were getting small, therefore showing more skin and you know, boys are boys.

When I get there, I call a, "Good Morning!" to Jake and walk to my office. I switch on the computer and see:

(1) Inbox

I click that and see that Drake has sent me an email. OMG! I start hyperventilating. I know, I know, you're probably thinking that I'm a tomboy etc... but I like guys. Big deal. I'm 12, big deal. I check the email, it says...

"Hey Sam,"

"You're probably wondering how I got your email, but I'm a secretive guy. Truth is I wanted to set up that date. When do you have time? I'm sure you have school and other stuff to do, but are you free today? If you are email me back ASAP and we'll talk about the details." 

"Love,

Drake (your boyfriend)"

Wow, Drake sure has a huge ego. I don't believe he actually thinks I'm going to date him! Well, maybe I will... I spin around in the chair like a little girl, just thinking whether or not I should email him back. Since he went through, all this trouble to ask me out and find my contact info, I will email him back as a reward. He better not expect that I'll like him though...

I click the reply button on the bottom of the page and type,

"Hey Drake,"

"I'm available today. Today's Sunday, right? So where do you wanna go? The mall? The park? Email me soon."

"Sam."

I click the send button before I can regret anything. I take a deep breath.

I don't believe my first date is probably going to be today!! When I imagined and fantasised this day I always thought it would be with someone I knew really well. Not someone who stalks me in the mall that I don't even know. It makes me seem like a player. But truthfully I hate players. They make you fall for them, then play around with you, later, deciding to crush you heart into smitherens. Bleh. If I was ever a player, I'd tell Jake to kill me personally. Not that he would agree, knowing him. But I wouldn't be worth anything.

I wonder how the date will go? Will it be a romantic one? Or will it be horrible? Is he one of those guys that doesn't plan anything and just let everything happen on its own? I sure hope not. Or I'll dump his sorry ass right after the date. That's right. I won't be all nice about it and say, "I'm sorry, but I don't think this will work out." I'll say, "What kind of friggin person are you, *****? How are you expecting me to even like you?" I know right, harsh. But that's the kind of person I am. Nothing can change me.

I jump off the chair and go and help Jake out with the business. He started this, such a long time ago. Well, actually his great-grandfather started it, who handed it to his grandfather, who gave it to his father, who gave it to Jake when he died of stroke 10 years ago. At first, his mom helped him out with the business, and they were doing very well.... until she died of pnemonia. Poor Jake. It was much easier for me, because my biological parents, didn't want me when I was born. I was just a 'mistake' and when they died when I was 8, it didn't hurt like at all, because I've never met them and they don't even try to call me and apoligize. Since today was a Sunday all those tourists would mostly be coming today. They explore the first couple days, then buy the souvenirs on their last day, mostly. So we would be busy. I would feel bad when I have my date because Jake would have no one to help him out, but he will be fine since he has done this for so long.