26: Tattooed Fingers

~So this is kind of coming to an end. I'm gonna just get to it, right where I left off.

Recap:

"...This life and our future together, is worth way more than the easy way out. You are the best thing that's ever been mine. And I--I just...I love you. That's not even enough to sum up how much you consume me, Stefan. There are no words to explain that I live for you. I long for you. I'm nothing without you. Nothing if I don't have you."

"Kenzie--"

"Just let me finish," I begged. He nodded simply. "What Klaus said today. About a wedding gift... I want that. I want that with you. I want to marry you, Stefan. Like right now. I don't want to wait a few years. I would be honored to be your fiancee or wife. If you'll have me."

"Kenzie," he breathed.

"Marry me. Will you please marry me?" I asked him.

***

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Marry me. Will you please marry me?" I asked him.

Stefan just stood there. Before a slow breath left his lips. He took slow steps towards me until there was only an inch between us. "Kenz?" He called softly, placing a hand under my chin and making me stare into his hazel green eyes that were filled with love and held the sunniest meadow.

"Hmm?" I hummed, scared. I didn't want to be rejected. Maybe this was sudden. But I haven't stopped thinking about the idea of wedding bells in our future together.

"Do you mean that? You want to marry me?" He asked

"Of course," I told him. "I want to marry you. I want to be YOUR wife."

"I know that. But are you sure you want that right now? We're about to be going off to college in a few months."

"I'm sure," I swore. "Since Klaus said that I can't stop imagining, marrying you. I want that. This is the first time I stopped and skipped ahead, planning our future. I want this, Stefan. Please. I just need a simple yes or no. We can wait if you want."

"What I want is you. I want a life with you. Our own place. A few kids. A future...So ask me again," he said, smiling. I chuckled and stepped away from him, not realizing his hands were holding my hips. I got down on one knee in my white dress and grinned up at him, widely and happily.

"Stefan Salvatore, will you marry me? It'll make me the happiest girl in the world."

"Yes. Of course," he chuckled, pulling me to my feet. His large hands cupped my face then and he pulled me close, kissing me deeply and passionately. I melted into his kiss. My arms wrapped around him, hugging him tight. I love him. So much. "I'd be honored to marry you, Kenzie Nicole."

"I love you," I said, a tear leaving one eye.

"I love you to the moon and back, babe," he whispered, wiping my eye gently before kissing me again. "Mm. You gotta get me a ring now," he mumbled against my lips.

"Oh, I will," I grinned, pecking his lips. "I wanna start college as your wife."

"Sounds so sexy," he said and I giggled, pushing him back playfully. We stared at each other, his forehead against mine. My hands resting on his chest, fiddling with his tie. "I don't want to rush our wedding. I want you to look like the princess you are. I want a huge wedding, just to show you off."

"Whatever you want, baby," I purred, wrapping my hands around his neck and playing with his soft hair on the back.

"Mm. I'm so getting laid tonight," he said and I laughed loudly while he leaned in and started pressing kisses to my neck. "I cannot wait to marry you and hear you laugh for literally eternity. You make me so happy, Kenz."