18: New York

~It's been a little while folks. But here's the next chapter. #Denzie goes to New York! Ft. Rebekah lol. P.S super long author's note at the bottom. But please comment as much as you like. Now...Enjoy.

GOAL: 22 VOTES & 18 COMMENTS

Chapter Eighteen

"You dragged me all the way to New York because you were feeling nostalgic?" I asked Damon as we walked side by side down a very crowded street.

"No. I dragged you because, in three days, you pissed off everyone in Mystic Falls," he retorted and I smirked. Fair point. "Little more difficult to do in a city full of millions."

"I was hungry," I defended.

"You were reckless."

"Emotionless. There's a difference."

"All that matters is that when I lived here I fed like crazy and had a blast and went undetected for years."

I stopped where I was. "So we're just here to have fun?" I smiled. He turned around and our eyes met. "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch," Damon stated. "Look, you wanted out. I got you out. You wanted to feed. I brought you to an all you can eat buffet. That's the beauty of New York. There's so much life that a little death goes unnoticed." I nodded and he smirked back at me. "Come on, let's go get some lunch."

***

"Looks about right," Damon commented as he led us into some bar. That was near to being empty. We had just met back up after Damon let me go out exploring on my own. In which I spent my time buying a new outfit which I already changed into, and getting my hair done. I got highlights done along with getting it trimmed and style in nice bouncy loose curls. I now have beautiful subtle red streaks.

"I was promised hedonism," I said.

"Well, it's early. Hedonism isn't a big fan of the sunlight."

"Or soap," I mumbled as I stopped walking. A tall, tiny round table in front of me. The whole place a complete mess. Super underground with grafiti all over the walls and every surface just about.

"Easy judgey. Not everybody got a hot new hair cut today. Give it a couple of hours," Damon said from in front of me. After looking around he slowly made his way towards where I leaned on the table. "This place'll be crawling with more nihilists than you can eat in a decade. Trust me."

"How do you know?"

"Because I spent most of the '70s here," he said and I raised my brows. Factory was too clean. CBGBs was too high profile. But Billy's...Billy's was the underground of the underground."

He then told me about the time he was here. He had a friend that owned the club and let Damon feed on anyone who came. Damon also killed people and gave his friend, Will, their IDs. Apparently will helped make fake IDs for people, mainly vampires though. Damon then continued the story, right when he went to go feed on one of 2 guys fighting, he was stopped because Lexi was there, calling him sloppy for trying to feed in the middle of everyone and everything going on.

"You got Lexi'd?" I grinned, chuckling at him. He didn't get a chance to answer right away because suddenly his face was pushed cheek down against the dirty table top. Rebekah holding him there. I jumped back, startled.

"Following a lead without me? Poor form, Damon," Rebekah said and my brows furrowed in confusion. "I have to say I'm a little hurt, Damon. I thought we made a good team. Not without fireworks. But what classic pairing isn't?"