13: Kol's Sire Line

~Alright this chapter is kinda action-y. But it's gonna be good and with its handful of emotional moments and Kenzie's nonstop thoughts as usual. Drama at the end too 😉😉

GOAL: 20 VOTES & 6 COMMENTS

Chapter Thirteen

"Where are you?" I asked Bonnie over the phone. I was in the kitchen, making coffee while Elena was cleaning up the table since we all just had breakfast.

"I told Caroline I'd take her place at decade dance prep.. but none of the rest of you showed," she said. I sighed, walking into the living room to grab the boys' trash and dirty dishes. The two on couch playing video games.

"I know, I'm sorry, I had to though. I've got Jeremy under house-arrest because Kol wants to kill him. And Klaus wants to take him on some vampire-slaying road trip. And since neither of them are invited in, it's the only place I can keep him safe," I informed her.

"Why does it sound like you're under fire?" She asked, chuckling.

"Apparently I'm living in a fraternity house now," I answered loudly, glaring at the boys. They both glanced back at me.

"I'm training," Jeremy said.

"Me too," Matt smirked.

"Train yourself to do the dishes!" Elena shouted from the kitchen sink.

"And put these weapons away before someone tries to use one on me," I said, looking at the weapons laid out on the table. I then brought Elena the dishes from the boys and tossed out the rest of their empty chip bags.

"Well, it's hard to look forward to this dance while you're trapped in your house," Bonnie said and I sighed.

"Listen, I have a plan to put an end to all of this," I told her. "I want Jeremy to kill Kol."

"You want him to kill an Original?" She whispered.

"Think about it. Kol's sire line must stretch to the moon by now. If Jeremy kills Kol, every vampire that he's ever turned...not to mention everyone that they've turned, will die," I pointed out, "Which means the Hunter's Mark will be complete... and we'll have our key to finding the cure."

"I'm on my way. We'll figure it out," she replied. "Do you think Caroline will notice if there's only 89 red balloons?"

I laughed lightly, "Actually, probably yes." I walked over to where Elena was. She was done washing most of the dishes. I grabbed a rag and turned the water on. I went to wet the rag to wipe the table down but yelped when the water burned me, "Ahh!"

I stepped away from it fast, Elena grabbing onto my arm, keeping me from falling. "Kenzie!" I heard Bonnie yell.

"I'm okay," I told Elena and she slowly let me go. She picked up my phone that I dropped and handed it to me. "Sorry."

"What happened?" She asked while Elena cut off the running water.

"I don't know," I frowned. "There's something in the water."

"It didn't hurt me," Elena said.

"Vervain," I concluded and Bonnie sighed. "I'll see you when you get here."

"Are you okay?" Elena asked me.

"I'm fine," I told her and she shook her head.

"I didn't mean because of the water," she whispered and I furrowed my brows. "Jeremy told me about last night. How you couldn't sleep. That you were crying and saying you needed someone...But you never said a name."