Facing the music (or the boy)

HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD! DAD TOOK AWAY MY COMPUTER, SO I DIDN'T HAVE IT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW! :s SORRY!!! BUT THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER - WELL FROM MY STANDARDS, SO ENJOY! :)

Please vote, so i have motivation to write the next chapter fast!!!! :) I only need a push in the right direction, since i'm a lazy ass! :)

Nerves fluttered in her stomach like butterflies and Mary didn’t want to go inside. Victor and her were outside the school building, waiting for her to gather the courage to go in.

“I don’t care anymore.” Victor suddenly growled and grabbing her hand, he tugged her helplessly into the crowded hallway.

The first two seconds were pure heaven for Mary as nobody noticed their arrival or her altered new appearance.

Then it happened. The hushed whispers, cat calls and suggestive looks, and all plans of laying low instantly flew out the window. There was no chance she could be invisible now, not after creating such a commotion.

The guys looked at her like she was meatballs, and the girls...to her utter amazement, they glared at her with unmistakable jealousy. Mary was beyond shocked, having never gathered such reactions from anyone before.

But then she realised that Victor still hadn’t let go of her hand, “well that explains the jealous stares,” she muttered to herself under her breath, feeling a small tingle run up and down her spine.

Why was he holding her hand anyway? She asked herself. And why did her body react that way to his touch when she clearly held no feelings for him?

Really? Her mind scathed.

Victor’s grip on her hand tightened and Mary instantly understood why, because right there in the middle of the hallway was the boy who had broke her heart.  

She watched Marc blink, shake his head then blink again. His repeated movements looked a little ridiculous and if given a different situation, Mary would’ve laughed.

But now she only stared at the ground, stared at the walls, everywhere but at the blonde haired boy that was quickly approaching them.

“Mary, is that you?” Marc’s voice was full of disbelief.

Victor let out a loud snort, making Marc’s gaze immediately shoot down to their intertwined hands.

“Already?”

Mary flushed red from embarrassment and immediately she tried to tug her hand away, but Victor wouldn’t let her, if not more, his grip was even firmer than before.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you.” He pulled her behind him protectively.

“She can speak for herself.” Marc hissed back.

The air was charged and dangerous sparks of tension seemed to be emitting from both of them as they stood.

“Did you not understand what I said yesterday?” Victor snarled dangerously, taking a threatening step forward.

“When did I start following your orders?” Marc growled back just as heatedly.

“What the heck is going on here?” A rough voice bellowed.

Mary gasped as the principal made his way through the crowd, his squinty eyes narrowing at the tense position the boys were in.

“About to fight, are we?” Mr Crawford raised an eyebrow.

Marc was the first to step back; “no sir, just settling some personal disputes.”

“Suck up.” Victor whispered under his breath.