16 - Midnight Quarrels

CHARACTER UPDATE: Mei/Astrid is officially 16 years old now.

*record scratch*

*record scratch*

has this really happened? is this life or what?

Thank you for 12k!!!

& also being #69 (lol)in Historical Fiction :)

Honestly, what did I do to deserve such love?

here's the highly anticipated update:

FLASHBACK: November 16th, 2010. GREEN LEAF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

"I don't know how to say this...."

How to say what? I've never been called to the principal's office. Am I in trouble?

"You are just too young."

I just turned nine. Can I leave now?

"Your aunt just called."

Oh, not her...what did I do this time?

"Your mother is dead."

END OF FLASHBACK. EVOLVE AGAIN.

I woke up in a state of vulnerability as the cold stabbed at me like knives. Nothing, I felt nothing because everything else was numb. My skin did not have sensation as it normally did.  It was still dark outside. Night was a suffocating black bag that saw nothing...and the wind. The wind was my nemesis who taunted me. She saw my lack of protection and attacked me as the walls of my body had been broken down.

It was not hard to guess that the warm blanket that protected was gone.

But how?

I leaned over my bed, and reached out, in case, my blanket had simply fallen over. Nope, I was grabbing at nothing. It didn't help that my vision wasn't the greatest in the darkness. 

I sat up when suddenly someone had lightly striked the skin of my arm.

"It was Jade Ying!" The voice tugged at my mind. The girl who whispered was unfamiliar, and I couldn't identify her from her little mouse voice alone. It wasn't An, Jia and it definitely wasn't Jade.