Diambow 9

Please be the rainbow when the rain goes away

"Hey, (L/N). Are you free this weekend?"

"Um.." you thought about it for a moment, putting your thumb on your lips.

"Good. Let's go on a date. Or out more like it." Nijimura demands. You looked at him confused. Kakone, who was right behind you, snickers. You had a confused look plastered on your face with your mouth open, denying the words he just asked. "Anyway, I have to head to practice for today. I'll meet you in front of your apartment!"

"W-Wait!" you yelled, reaching out for the upperclassmen but he already turn to left and straight to the gym. You looked down at the ground, depressed.

"What's your relationship with Nijimura-senpai?" Kakone asks, putting her hand over her mouth.

"He's only my upperclassmen! And I'm his lowerclassmen! Nothing more, nothing less." you responded. Your cheeks turned rosy as you looked away. "Though, he did confess."

"I knew it." your friend shrugs. You wanted to strangle Kakone but instead you grab her shoulders, glaring angrily at her. "It was obvious. Why aren't the two going out then?"

You smile sadly, "It's not that I don't like him but..." Kakone nods and pats your head.

"I got it. I got it." your friend laughs, having cat ears pop out of her ears. "So... Tell me... What you're going to wear?"

"Eh?"

"I'll pick out a dress for you!"

"H-Huh? I'll just wear some casual clothes!"

"No, no, no. Come on! Let's go to my house and decide. He was so straightforward." Kakone chuckles, "You two need to go out already."

"I-I'm telling you it isn't like that!" you blushed. The next day, you waited for Nijimura to show up in front of your apartment. You felt a little nervous, fidgeting slightly.

"(L/N)!" Nijimura waves holding a child. Another small kid walks right next to him, looking a bit timid. "Sorry if I made you wait. These are my two siblings."

"I'm Nijimura Komaki!~" the little girl said, happily.

"I'm Eiichiro..." the smaller boy mutters. As the two children shyly smiles, you smiled back. You crouch down to shake their hands, "Nice to meet you. I'm (L/N) (Y/N)." They returned the handshake, feeling a little more comfortable. "So big brother, Shuuzo--"

Shuuzo? Nijimura instantly turn a bit pink right there.

"--where are we headed?" you ask.

"Can we go to the park and play some basketball?" Eiichiro suggests, still sounding a bit timid.

"I want ice cream please!" Komako yells, cheerfully.

"Okay, we'll do both." you smiled. The four of you walked together to an ice cream parlor first. As you all walked in, the kids grabbed a seat. When you and Nijimura got a chance to be alone while waiting in line, Nijimura studies your outfits and laugh.

"Did you dress up for me?"

"Huh?" your cheek's temperature rose a bit.

"I mean--" he laughs, "--You look cuter then you usually do. Did you really thought it was going to be a date with the two of us alone?"

"You..! You were the one who said it was going to be a d-date!" you yelled, feeling your cheeks go red. You looked at the menu, to avoid his eyes, "Your siblings are cute."

"Well they are my little siblings after all..." Nijimura boasts, using the side of his finger to rub the top of his nose. "Hey, (L/N). I'll handle this myself. Why don't you go have a seat with my siblings?"

"And let you treat me? No way. Here's my money then."

"No need." Nijimura rejects the money that you were just about to hand him. "I'll pay. Let the man pay. I'm the one who asks you to tag along."

"But, I'll feel guilty." you sulk.

"Go back to my siblings. I already know what you want to order so go." The two kids afar watches their big brother smile happily. They could already hint out that their big brother had taken a liking to you in romantic sense which made Komaki felt a little uneasy. After the finished eating ice cream, you all head to the park for a while. You and Nijimura's siblings were sitting on the bench after taking a break while the upperclassmen went off to go buy some drinks.

"I had fun." you tell them.

"(Y/N)-neesan, do you like Shuuzo onii-chan?" Komaki asks.

"Yeah." you responded in a pure tone not hinting any romantic feelings.

"No, I mean like-like him. Do you like Shuuzo onii-chan?" she repeats once more. You blinked, hesitantly want to answer her question. Tears started to fall as she grabs onto your shirt, "Please don't like onii-chan. Shuuzo-nii is going to live with us in America. We'll stay as a family and live together! Don't take Shuuzo-nii away from us!"

"Ah..." you manage to let out with a smile, "Don't worry." you assured. You look up to see the shocked Nijimura right in front of you. You glare at him, "I don't like him like that. So don't cry, okay?"

Please be the diamond to shine my day

-------------------------------------

Oi. Give me your hand. I'm going to put this diamond ring and ask you to marry me.
I'll protect you and be your family. So say yes and marry me.