Out of Control

I could see the light at the end of the forest, I was probably coming to a clearing. I wasnt sure if I was any closer to safety, all I know is that the monsters were behind me.

I looked peered over the tree line to make sure it was safe, nobody was there that I could see. I took a tentative step forwards and didn't hear anything. I walked out to the middle of the grassy, frost bitten, meadow.

I sat, stuck my hand into the pocket of my hoodie to find my phone and realized I forgot it. I mentally face palmed myself. Really, in a situation I really needed it.

I heard a rustling to my left at the edge of the trees. A figure walked out from behind a bush, I couldn't see them because the sun was shinning directly into my eyesight.

The figure kept moving closer and I was frozen in fear, my breathing was hwavy and I was pretty sure I was hyperventalaiting. When the shadow got close enough I made out Cleo's form. Young little Cleo probably didn't know what the heck was going on.

"Tempest, calm down." She said cautiously while taking slow steps towards me.

"Cleo... I... I saw Avon and K... Keller." I shuddered at the mention of them.

"It's okay, we have some explaining to do, now if you'll come with me." She said holding her hand out. She had gotten close enough that I could see the colour of her eyes, they weren't normal, they were - red.

I started backing up away from her. I could feel the grass brushing against my thighs when the wind picked up, causing my hair blow across my face.

"No, no, no, no" I kept chanting, the wind just kept on getting stronger.

"Tempest, just relax."I heard Coraline yell over the howling wind.

I whirled around on her, "Don't tell me what to do you, you, you monster!"

Pretty soon the while family was around me in some sort of circle. "If you could stop throwing us into trees could we have an actual conversation?" Avon asked smartly. Her face was clean and she was in new clothes, so was Keller.

The light around us dimmed with storm clouds rolling in out of nowhere. "Tempest your going to hurt yourself!" Darian called.

I spun in a circle so I could keep an eye on all of them when the first raindrops fell onto my scalp. "Your bleeding," I heard Jagger yell.

A throbbin started at the base of my neck and worked it's way up to my forehead. It was the most painful thing I'd ever felt.

"Grab her before she hurts herself!" I faintly heard Darian.

My vision was tunneling and when I saw them closing in on me I threw my head back in pain. I dropped to my knees on the ground while clutching my head. Then it all went black.

********

I got that feeling where you are trying to kick to the surface of a pool and you just can't make it. My muscles felt weighed down while I was becoming concious.

My ears tuned in to the conversations around me. "How could you let her see you like that?" "There was one from the pack ready to attack her!" "You said that she was our only chance and that we needed to protect her. That's what we did!"

My eyelids fluttered open causing conversation to stop. Everything came flooding back to me and I scrambled backwards realizing I was inside on a bed.

"We won't come any closer, but we'd like to talk to you." Darian said as everyone took slow, retreating steps backward.

I fought to control my breathing, they said they wouldn't hurt me. Lies. It had to be a lie. My eyes darted to Keller and Avon, an image of them with blood near their mouths flashed in my brain and the bed side table began to shake.

"Out!" Darian called, Keller and Avon left without looking at me.

Once the door closed behind them Darian started to speak. "There is no easy way in telling you this, but once we do you cannot tell anyone else."

"I'm not making a promise I can't keep." I replied skeptically. He ran a hand down his face in frusteration.

"We're vampires." Jagger said from across the room. My world began to spin at his words. Vampires? That was a myth made to scare people. They weren't real.

My lips formed a smile and I started to laugh. Vampires, really how stupid did they think I was? I was laughing for loudly enough for it to sound more fearful than humourus.

When nobody said gottcha I started to quiet. They couldn't be serious, a look of horror crossed my face as it started to sink in. Everything made sense, Coraline's cold touch, the weird vibe I got from them, how they moved so fast, the blood on their faces.

I stared at them in horror. Vampires! I threw back my covers and ran for the door, but Jagger was already there. I screamed and started to back away.

"Don't tell me your that big of an idiot and didn't think we were weird," Jagger said. I had thought they were different because nobody ever comes here, maybe leaves but never comes. I guess I did get that creepy vibe from them, and there's the fact that I couldn't read their minds.

"That first day, you made yourself sick from trying so hard to read me," He said smirking and walking towards me. "What did you want to find out?"

"I found it weird how you guys moved here, this is a dead end place." I was yelling now. His attitude was bugging me, how could he be so sure.

I decided to ask the one question that I'd been dreading, "Are you going to suck my blood?"

Jagger bursted out laughing while Darian and Coraline attempted to keep straight faces. "Hun, your way to important to he wasted." Coraline said.

"There's such a shortage of witches that we'd do anything to protect you," Darian said.

"I am not a witch, first Jagger now you!"

"Come on, you know your not normal. The only thing your missing is the green skin and warts, wait, never mind" he said pretending to inspect my face.

"You're the turning point for us, with you we can finally end this stupid battle. I refuse to lose another one of my children to this stupid war." Caroline said angrily.

War? Witch? Battle? I think I had to sit down.