Diner With the Moore's

School was finally over, once Carter dropped me off at home I raced up to my room to grab my Grimoire. It is big, black, and bound by leather. Most of the pages are falling apart, but this is the only book that I have that can teach me what I need to learn.

I look at the table of contents and see,

Uses of Magic..................07

I go to page seven and briefly skim a few pages. Use magic responsibly, blah blah blah. To help oneself and others, whatever.

Nothing here, so I go back to the table of contents.

I look through almost half the book and nothing. Nothing at all. I close the book in frustration, why couldn't there just be a hand book for this stuff.

I decided to forget about Jagger and focus on my levetating. I managed to get my jeans up, then a necklace, then my bedside clock.

I continued up to 6 items, they were all floating slowly in a circle around me. I could control them all at once as long as they all went in the same direction.

I was so focused that I didn't hear my dad come up the stairs, "Tempest!" He called from the hall. I quickly dropped all the items onto the floor with a crash. I threw the book under my covers right before he came in.

"Hi Dad!" I said smiling.

"I'm not even going to ask." He said looking around my room. He was good that way, staying out of my business and letting me do my own thing.

"Well anyways we got invited over for dinner." He said.

"Oh wow that's 3 times in a row for Mrs. Tate." I said walking out of my room making sure to close the door behind me.

"Actaully we got invited by the Moore's, you know that new family." He said.

I spun around on him, "What!"

"Did you meet their kids at school?" He asked.

"Yea, they're bad news, plus they creep me out." I said in all honesty. It did creep me out how I couldn't read Jagger.

"Well monkey I can't cancel now, I already said yes."

"You can go and I can stay home." I said in a sweet innocent voice.

"Nice try," He said laughing while heading downstairs.

He didn't like leaving me home alone to much by myself because his crazy work schedual always had me staying home alone, he said he felt like a bad parent when he did that. I understand that he's trying his best and that raising a kid all by yourself can be hard, so I try not to make it to bad for him.

There are some things that I will not do and that I will put my foot down for, and this is one of those times.

"Please dad don't make me go." I pleaded.

"Tempest you will go to this diner weather you want to or not." He had taken on his stern father voice, and there was no arguing when he was like this.

I slumped my shoulders, "Fine."

15 minutes later and I was standing in the living room ready to go. I was wearing a grey and pink stripped dress with an off the shoulder t-shirt that I had cut into a crop top. And to finish it off I wore hot pink ballet flats with my mahogany hair in a loose pony tail.

"Why can't you be like every other girl and wear a nice dress, why all the baggy clothes?" Dad teased ruffing up my hair. He knew that I wasn't normal like everyone else and enjoyed teasing me about it.

We had been driving through the woods for awhile and I'm pretty sure we were lost.

"Just turn around and we'll call them and say we got lost." I said for the umptenth time.