Five

I refused to move from my bed the following weekend. I feared to go outside and face my own problems.

What if I see Dazai again?

I didn't know if I was mad at him for the kiss. I was the one who got drunk but, he was the one who advanced further while he knew of my state.

Suck it up.

I had to go outside one way or another since I was beginning to run low on meals for myself. I pulled on my shoes and grabbed some money for my small shopping trip.

I stepped outside immediately noticing my surroundings. The sun was high in the sky yet, everything seemed so grim. Many people walked past me, none of them seeming to have a face. They all blurred.

That was until I spotted that light grey head of hair. My heart began to race. The crowd shifted and I saw a short girl clinging to his side dressed in traditional clothing. That was when his glow faded.

I fast walked into the convenience store as they disappeared into the crowd of people, walking in the opposite direction. I couldn't get the way he looked at her out of my head.

What was he to me? What did we have?

I grabbed a few instant meals and had the register ring them up. I gave the employee the exact amount of change then, stepped back outside. I cowered in my apartment until the weekdays came.

I was soon forced to go outside because of my work. I walked to work against my will. A certain brunette was leaning against the wall of the cafe front awaiting my arrival. He heard the jingle of my keys as I searched for the cafe key and stood up.

"[Y/n]." Dazai waved.

"Oh. Dazai." I replied while unlocking the door.

"You look sick [Y/n]." Dazai said with his hand on the back of my neck. "Are you eating well?"

"I'm fine." I said reaching up to pull his hand away. He used his other to catch mine in his own.

"Well, I'm going to treat you to lunch today!" He smiled.

Please don't touch me.

"Sounds good." I replied. Dazai made it so he held both my hands, stroking the tops of mine with his thumbs.

"It's a date [Y/n]." He smirked. I wanted to throw up.

Dazai then placed his hands on my face and leaned in, pressing his lips against my own. My hands shook as they attempted to grab his arms to push him away.

"[Y/n]?"

I felt my heart tear. Dazai pulled away slowly then, wrapped his arm around my waist to hold me close.

"Atsushi..." I breathed.

He wore a fake smile.

"I never expected the two of you to become an item. What are the odds!" He laughed dryly. I felt my eyes beginning to water.

"This isn't w-"

Dazai didn't let me finish my sentence.

"Yeah. I took [Y/n] out for dinner this weekend and we really hit it off." Dazai bragged.

"I'm going to go brew some coffee." I said to myself as Dazai continued to talk.

I slid away from his touch and hid behind the counter. Atsushi wore a pained expression.

That was when my world had turned pitch black.