Chapter 7 - The Teenager

Hey y'all, it's been some time, maybe about a month... which is the shortest amount of time I've made you wait in long time. Anyway, I didn't see much motivation in writing through Willow's baby stages since the real story is her going into the Games. So *******This is a fast forward into the future. Willow is now 15 years old, about to turn 16 years old. She will be portrayed by AnnaSophia Robb*******.

If you do want some baby/toddler chapters, I have some of my old ones saved from a while ago that I don't mind posting as bonuses. Just let me know what stage of her life you want to see and I'll try my best to write it. Anyway, please enjoy.

**also I find it so weird that it's been years and people still read THG fanfics. No complaints here, I love knowing you're still dedicated. We're a strong fan base.

Happy reading!

———————————————

It's amazing how many things change after sixteen years. But then again, it's amazing that absolutely nothing has changed. I'm still Prim, I've been married to Cato for 15 years, and I'm still Willow's mother.

Getting married and raising a baby had definitely had its challenges.

The wedding was one of the more stressful periods of my life considering I was planning it in the prime stages of Willow's first year. Add that with the wedding being publicly aired as per President Snow's request, I was stressed and completely unhappy. Cato, as always, found a way to make it better, and keep me happy. We had two ceremonies, one private one, including all ten of our closest friends and family, and then what we considered our "fake" televised wedding. Thinking back, getting married was on the the better memories of my life.

As for raising Willow, that came with a whole set of challenges. Choosing how we disciplined and rewarded her, whether or not we would have her privately schooled or go to public schooling, and the basic mechanisms of her life living under the shadow of her Victor mother and Gamemaker father. Cato and I disagreed about a lot of things along the way, but I think in the past 16 years, we've done an amazing job and raised such a beautiful, kind hearted girl.

Willow is so perfect in every way. She's incredibly smart, smarter than anyone I've ever known in my life. She goes to public school, and breezes through without any outside help. She's also crazy talented at most things she's tried, but especially training with Cato. She's also so shy, but finds a way to break out of that shell and be the social pariah needed in every situation. (I do have to admit that she only breaks out of that shell when it's absolutely necessary.. otherwise she's perfectly ok with being a wallflower.)

Time has passed in the blink of an eye. Every year, Willow gets taller, stronger, and more stubborn than the year before.

It scares me knowing that time is going so quickly. My anxiety has only grown by the year when remembering that one year, she will be reaped for the Games. We don't know when it will happen.

I was an emotionally wreck the year she turned 12. I could barely get out of bed surrounding preparation for the Games. I feared Snow would be cruel and reap her right as she turned 12. My other fear is that he will wait until she's 18 and almost cleared from the reaping, just to torture me. Cato tries to keep me stable during these times.. but every year it gets worse.

Snow is getting to his final years, so I'm hoping maybe some form of memory loss will ensue and he will forget the entire agreement, but I know that'll never be the case.