Chapter Nine~

Chapter Nine-
    “Shay?” Nelson asks, uncertain if it’s me or another initiate.
I smile at his confusion, “Yeah it’s me. Nelson… you look great.” It’s like looking at one of the models I see on a billboard in those perfume commercials or in a brand name ad in the magazines. His body has been set in a firm, glossy yet natural glow and structure. Chiseled cheek bones, deep eyes, and smooth shiny hair. I can also tell he’s been injected with numerous needles of botox like in his lips.
    “When have I haven’t though.” He winks. I laugh and look in the mirror. Wow.. That’s amazing… My bust has been enlarged by a cup as far as I can tell. My body is skinny yet has curves that are attractive. I can tell I got more eyelashes and that my nose was trimmed into a Barbie type look and my lips have a sharper cupids bow to them. The makeup too. A lot of eyeliner, plum colored eye shadow and mauve yet still purple lips which were already there when I took the pill. My ears are also sharper and pierced. Beauty mark over the left side of my lip. I tie my hair up in a ponytail and sigh. This is me. This is the new Shay.
    “I look to different… my eyes are going to have to adjust and this sunburn is killer dude.” I say to Nelson.
He laughs slightly, “Tell me about it.. But if we pass… two days of sunburn equal a whole life time of beauty.”
    “True.” I reply.
    “Everybody here!” It’s Denise.
I groan and walk over to her.
    “We are all going to get changed out of these robes and get into our fashion wardrobe for the vote off!” Denise says, “Let’s go!”
    I am pulled by a man… a man… in red. He smiles and I see they have a variety of colony members backstage as workers. He puts me in a dress made out of pearls and puts me in matching shoes. I groan and it takes time for the sunburn to relax to the clothes.
    “I’m Java, and I’m the designer of the dress.” He says, his piercing stare goes through my body like the other wrath adults who also get an operation. “I chose you because you were from Wrath, not because you look the best.” He screeches.
    “Thanks?” I reply offended. I’m rushed to hair, since our makeup is permanently on and Myst sits in the chair next to me,
    “Good luck.” She says almost more of a threat than a compliment.
I smile, “Thanks, you too.”
    “I think that was brave of you… with the whole Denise thing. But just make sure you don’t lose my liking to you. And that you don’t get in my way… because if you do… I will destroy you. For now I’m willing to help you though. Just… chin up smiles on.” She sneers. I guess I made a new friend…