Chapter Two~

Chapter Two~
    I walk into class. My choosing ceremony is in the next period, where me and Nelson will decide our lives. Then we will be shown around their colony. That is.. If you transfer. Mrs.Vine, Envy, colored in green. She has that jealous stare that can hurt anybody with a single look to the eye, and not physically, but mentally. Sort of like hypnosis. But the kind people use to take advantage of you with, not to play with.
    “Uh.. Shay, what’s the answer.” She asks, rolling her eyes, definitely her envy kicking in.
    “What?” I reply somewhat dazed off.
She sighs, “What’s the answer of the square root of 98...”
    I sloppily do the work and I say the answer.. “9.89... Or 9.90 if rounded.”
    “DID I ASK YOU TO ROUND IT!” She slams her hand on my desk. I get up fast and dig my nails into her hand, “Well… I think that you messing with a Wrath isn’t a good idea. And WELL WHEN YOU HAVE A NUMBER OVER FIVE THEN IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO ROUND IT UP TO THE NEAREST TENTH! SO GET IT RIGHT YOU’RE JUST JELOUS!” I scream to her and smirk in her face. Blood starts dripping out of the puncture wounds and she sits back down. “I would.. I would send you to the principal… but I’m.. I’m feeling generous today.”
    “Yeah right.” I get up to wash off the blood. And re-enter the room. The ice blue hits my face like the sun. It reminds me of cotton candy. I hate the color though on the walls. It’s beautiful but it’s so annoying. The bell rings and I give Mrs.Vine one last look before I go the choosing ceremony train. This means that we all meet in the very middle. Only a few at a time though. Only two schools were chosen today. I open the school door along with a few of each sin. The ice blue is everywhere in Sloth and I think that some people will be transferring here. I think of my mothers envy past. If she lived in there still… Would I be one of them. I shake the thought out of my head.
    Two hours later~
    The big room. Only to be filled with about fifty people. I stare at the black ceiling and see the chart. It tells us how many people are going to be going to each sin. Right now… all the sins names next to them are filled with a zero. Then she taps the microphone. Katrina Kilatine. From the Avarice. Her hair gold, her eyes, gold and her lips… gold. She also wears a gold cupcake dress and has a snobbish, yet arrogant, but charming smile. Almost bittersweet.
    “Hello! Very happy day for you all!” She laughs and I tune her out. My parents sit next to me, coated in their red. I think of all the sins… or personalities. Avarice, Wrath. Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Vanity, and Lust. Lust out of the question, Envy… no. Wrath, maybe if that means that I make my parents proud and will not be considered a traitor. Gluttony, I love them all but I just don’t think I fit in with them. Sloth, no. Avarice, maybe. Vanity, probably a huge choice for me. The doors all linked behind Katrina are painted in a different color, to choose, you must walk into them. I heard that you have to flash for Lust… disgusting. I also heard… that if you flinch for Vanity, you’ll be shot because you obviously don’t think you actually fit in with them. Same goes for Wrath, if you look to kind. They shoot you. I wonder who I actually fit in with. Avarice, Vanity, Wrath. No… not them. I would never be actually one of them. Not them either. I am what they all say about me. Even though I can be like them sometimes. I know who I fit in with. Who I’ve always fit in with. The first girl chooses Avarice, the two other people after her choose lust, they walk into the pink door. Where I know they must flash. Vanity, Avarice, Wrath, Lust, Lust, Lust, Vanity, Gluttony. Name by name, choice by choice. Until… Shay Kelpis. I slowly stand up. I hug my parents and smile. I slowly nod at Katrina, and walk into the door… The purple door.