Chapter Seven~

Chapter Seven-

    It takes a few moments for my eyes to adjust. Black spots are at the edged of my vision. But I soon can see clearly. Melody shrieks quietly and whimpers. Myst smirks and bites her long nail. Then she crosses her arms again.
    “If you fail initiation, you will take a separate pill…” Denise says.
I stare at her and ask, “What will happen when you take it?”
Denise stares at me and says, “You’ll find out.” I see a slight curl in her lips. A part of me wants to lunge forward and punch her. Probably the Wrath side, the Vanity side wants to brag about my appearance, “What makes you so sure?” I reply, almost with a hiss in my voice.
    “Don’t take me as a joke.” She puts her hand onto a gun tucked into a holster. I smile and I see Myst look at me and bite her lip, trying not to giggle.
Then I say, “I’m not taking you as a joke, I think you’re judging people to fast. To me personally, being able to take pride in your achievements is a reward. I do nice things, so I may celebrate mine. No need to be vain Denise. I know you’re a leader here but no need to be judgmental. Do you know where I was born?” I hear Myst laugh slightly and I see as Beck grins with her. Denise takes out her gun and points it at my chest, “Don’t joke around with me girl.”
I mutter, “You may want to put that away, or else you won’t take pride in your looks for to much longer, I’ll slap the botox out of you.” She grunts and tucks it away again. Lulu stares at me, “DON’T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!”
    “Whatever…”
    “Now that you guys had a little show put on for you, let’s go to the hair and makeup for beginning. Then I won’t be the only one with botox here.” Denise snarls at me.
    We’re led to a huge room, Hair dryers are set up all on the left side of the room. Mirrors are in the front along with chairs, fourteen to be exact. And magazines and clippers await. I see a sign on the top of the mirrors say, “The Remake Center!” With a hairdryer symbol next to it.
    “All of you sit in a chair.. Myst come with me, you are going to get permanent makeup and body hair removal.” Denise gestures towards Myst and they walk to another door. I watch Myst disappear into it and see her through the glass lay onto a marble table.
    “Sit here!” A girl smiles at me and pats the chair in front of her. I look at my curly long hair, ending at the bottom of my chest and I glare at the lavender extensions that the woman is holding up.
    “My name is Heaven.” She smiles and I grip the arm of the chair. Heaven is very tall so she has to pump the chair up a few times and slicks her hair back effortlessly into a high and smooth ponytail. I watch her take the clippers and a clear comb and she puts curtains onto the mirror so I can’t see, “Diamond wants them all to be a surprise.” Heaven smiles and I hear a snip and watch the hair slide onto the black cover that protects my clothes. Snip, snip, snip. Now I can feel her putting in choppy layers, giving me swoopy bangs that go to the left side of my face and I feel her add a weird chemical to my hair. It burns against my scalp but when she washes it out it takes thickness off my hair and some of my hair falls out, putting smooth, and silky straight hair in it’s place. Then she plasters my hair with more and more products and conditioning it. I hear her hum a song I recognize as a really old song called “Twinkle twinkle little star.” Then she puts my hair under the dryer.
    After a few more steps she takes off the curtain. And I gasp.