Much in common

I could feel Edmund's calloused skin under my hand, but he wasn't even bothered; I jumped to the conclusion that he was so used to it that he never felt the pain anyway.

Edmund led me to the dance floor or whatever it was; I was pretty sure that they didn't have night clubs in Narnia. I could feel piercing gazes, so I kept my head down. The song ended, and a new one unlike the last one started; this one was slow, the ones which involved lifting and stuff. Things were definitely not going the right way.

Edmund probably caught my nervous expression and grinned, placing his hand on my side. I gulped; it felt…nice. I quietly placed my hand on his shoulder, and he started steering.

"So…" I looked up at him, as he spoke abruptly. "…how did you get here?"

"Uh… well, I jumped on my bed after getting back home, and next thing I know, your Eroso was holding me by the ankle."

Edmund chuckled. He looked kinda…nice when he smiled, and he was handsome and… I kicked myself mentally. What was I thinking? But then again, trust me, I had never felt like that about a boy. No, I had only known him for barely a day. I didn't even know him! I didn't any boy for that matter.

"What is with your mood swing?" I asked him, just to keep the stupid feelings away. He looked at me confused, and raised an eye brow. I tried again.

"This morning you were yelling at me, and now you are..." I was cut off as Edmund suddenly wrenched me off of my feet and put me down again, whirling me and then resorting to the normal steering. "…lifting me. The…deal? I finished my sentence, out of breath. "Well, Peter talked me into it, and I thought that I was a bit too harsh with you, and then I didn't know you, so I agreed and…well." He finished his sentence as though he couldn't find another ending. I opened my mouth to say a nice long O…K…, when suddenly he twirled me a little and I bumped with his chest, losing my balance. He blushed, and I instantly stepped back, all red. Thankfully, the song ended and I freed myself from his grasp, and…ran?

Even my mind couldn't answer why I ran, my instincts just told me to run. What was I running from? Oh yeah…my feelings. My feelings? I skidded to a halt, outside the hall, beside Adeb and Certeza, who stared at me. "Did you and King Edmund fight again?" Certeza asked suspiciously, as he regained my breath. I shook my head, looking at the two centaurs.

"No…" I left my answer in the air, and looked at Adeb.

"Adeb, I feel strange feelings for your King Edmund. We…we made up and became friends and…and when we danced, I liked being close to him. I…feel like I've known him for years. It almost felt like…I couldn't part from him. I…" I stopped my rant, embarrassed. But I could tell from their faces that they had heard all they needed to know. Judging by their sly smirks and wide eyes, I knew I would be teased for the rest of my stay in Narnia.

"You like being close to him, huh?" Adeb was seriously sounding like an irritating toe rag. I glared at him, not hard enough. "So what?" I snapped before continuing. "…I have never been close to a boy. It must be what it feels like. You know…all lovey dovey. It's no big deal."

I was shocked to see that the smirks had not subsided one bit. I launched into explanation again.

"I crashed into him two times. I don't like being close to him, and even if I blushed…"

"You blushed?"

"…was because I was embarrassed. OK?"

My explanation was feeble, and Edmund suddenly turning up out of nowhere didn't help.

"Are you okay? Why did you run?" he asked, straightening his ever lopsided crown. His raised eye brows and the twinkle in his beautiful eyes made him look so hot and...

"Nothing." I said, getting a grip on my flyaway mind. But then again, he was handsome, and I was slowly falling for his stupid cuteness. I mentally kicked myself and looked at him. He looked as though he was questioning my sanity, and Adeb and Certeza weren't a great help. I had to get out of this situation and fast.

"I need to go get some water. See you." I fled and almost flew up the stairs to my quarters. The bed looked welcoming, so I threw myself at it, and stared at the ceiling, my mind buzzing.

"Oh my God Dylexia! You are falling in LOVE!" a small voice in my head suddenly popped out. I muttered a 'shut up' to myself and closed my eyes. I had known Edmund for a day, true. I had never known any boy ever, true. I had no idea how one felt about a boy, true. My mind was buzzing again, with unfilled blanks.

"So…" a musical voice startled me. I sat up abruptly, only to see a majestic, golden (I mean golden) lion standing in front of my closed door. Of course, he must be Aslan, the lion god Lucy had told me about. I felt unsure of what to do. The lion smiled at me, wait what?

"I know the frenzy your mind is in Dylexia." Aslan spoke to me, still smiling.

"You do?" I asked, shrinking a little away.

"Yes I do Dylexia. Knowing Edmund for a day and feeling comfortable with him already. You like him, don't you?"

Aslan's words hit me like a bomb. He was making me feel irritated every stinking minute. He seemed to read my mind, and sighed, not moving from his position.

"I brought you here for a reason Dylexia."

"You brought me here?"

"Yes. To heal Edmund."

"Heal, wait what?"

"Yes, you and Edmund have much in common Dylexia. Both of you are living with a gaping hole in your heart. Both of you have been hurt badly in your lives. Not physically," Aslan added, seeing the puzzled look on my face. "…but mentally. Emotionally." Aslan pressed on. After he fell silent, I considered it. Yes, after the death of my mother, I had been hurt, yes. Edmund must have gone through the same dilemma once. Aslan spoke again.

"When Edmund went to the White Witch hoping for a special treatment no one bestowed upon him, she used him for information, torturing him by killing those who he was attracted to. The mental torture was too much, as he was barely nearing his fifteenth birthday, and he hopes to forget the White Witch if he can help it." I was sure this Aslan bloke, I mean lion, could read minds by now. He was too much. But there was a plus point; I came to know why Edmund had been rash to me. And come to think of it, when you met a nice friend, you would hang out with them. Same was the case here; I was attracted to Edmund because of a distant friendship. I liked being close to him because we were friends. I hoped anyway.

"Dy…Dylexia?" Adeb's voice interrupted my train of thoughts, and I was astonished to see that Aslan was gone, and Adeb stood there looking at me with a kind of distant concern. I felt better now. Loads better.

"I'm going downstairs." My smile must have surprised Adeb because he looked astonished by the looks of it. I pushed past him and down the stairs to the hall, skidding to a halt beside the fawn and Certeza. Giving them the brightest smile, I casually walked into the hall. No one noticed me this time; good.

I looked around in the hall, hoping to see Lucy and Susan, or even King Peter. I spotted Edmund in a corner, his crown again askew. Susan was beside him, rubbing his arm and murmuring something. Both were startled to see me.

"Where did you run off to?" Edmund demanded, his crown flopping even more close to his hair line. Before I could retort however, a good looking duke came to Susan asking to dance, and she went off with him, giggling. Edmund rolled his eyes.

"You still haven't answered!" he said in a kingly voice, while my mind debated on how cute he looked when he was annoyed. I smirked, reached up to his hair and pushed the crown up his hair. I noticed he was blushing badly. I resisted the urge to blush, and grinned at him.

"Just to make sure of something."

Edmund didn't look as though he understood fully what I said, but I grinned and faced the front again, in an unfulfilled hope of spotting the rest of his family.