Choclate strawberries, teddy bears, and a cracked scull.

"She has some pretty serious head trauma, so memory loss might occur. Also,there's-"

"Wait, wait. I think she's waking up. Hey, hun. You feeling okay?" I recognized my mom's soft voice. I had been trying for the past five minutes to just open my eyes. Everything hurt. My head especially. And I knew exactly what had happened. That William guy my dad set me up with was a total jerk. He beat me up and didn't even care. He only wanted my family's money.

I pry my eyes open to a scene of a room full of balloons, teddy bears, and huge packages filled with chocolate covered strawberries. My mom had her hand intertwined in mine with a sad look on her face. My dad was just sitting there awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. I wasn't surprised when I saw William there, too. He just sat in the back corner with no facial expression whatsoever.

"Hey,kiddo." My dad stepped forward with a small little grin. I know it doesn't seem very loving but he really is trying.

"Hey, dad." I smile back.

"I'm so glad you're up! You've been out for two days! So many people came to visit! They brought chocolate, teddy bears, cards, balloons..." As my mom blabbered on, an unexpected visitor walked in. He had bloodshot eyes and dark bags right underneath them. Even though he carried a huge teddy bear and a box of more chocolate covered strawberries along with that bright smile of his, he looked sad. Extremely sad.

"Hi, Mr. Capulet." Romeo shook my dad's hand. "Good morning, Mrs. Capulet." He gave her a smile.

He walked over to me. "Hey, sleepyhead. I heard you've been out for two days."

"Yeah... I have." I couldn't really think of anything else to say.

"It's been such a crazy two days, Romeo. She's had scan after scan, test after test. And they even had to stitch up the back of her head. She just came home and fainted. William said she slipped on a wet spot when they were out yesterday..."

"Who's William?" Romeo looked at me with the angriest look I've ever seen on him.

"Just some guy my dad is trying to set me up with." I looked at my mom with the same expression Romeo gave me.

"Oh. Well, I better get going I have to work today." Romeo gave my mother a hug and shook my dad's hand once again. Then he leaned down and hugged me. "Look in the teddy bear... Don't do it when you're parents are around." He whispered so my parents wouldn't hear of the special secret Romeo had hidden for me in the plush gift.

"I love you." I whispered back.

Modern day Romeo and Juliet.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें