On the Other Side of the Door.

I sat in my hotel room all alone. Father got a job down in Southern California, so we were staying here for a week or two with him. I didn't do much though. Mother and father went out to eat every night so I stayed up late thinking about Romeo. Gosh, I wish there were no rivalry between our two families. Now that I think about it, I don't even know why we hate each other.

I roll of the bed and trudge over to the DVD player. I brought some old Disney movies so I figured I might as well put them to good use. I popped in Cinderella and laid back on the bed. Poor little Cinderella. She got treated so badly by her horrid step sisters and step mother. I love how she eventually overcomes it all and stands tall and proud even with her past. She's not afraid of the future. She just leaves it all behind. I wish I could do that. But I mean... Maybe I could. I could be my own Cinderella.

A sudden knock on the door interrupts my train of thought. I groan at the thought of having to get up but I do anyways. And I'm glad I do. Standing on the other side of the door is my dear Romeo.

As expected, I fling open the door at the very sight of his big blue eyes. He looks up and gives me that sneaky little smile that makes me feel like me heart is about to burst right out of my chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer, brushing his soft lips against mine. He pulls away and brushes a lock of hair out of my face. Things like that just make me fall for him so hard. He loves me and he doesn't have to show me that by how fast he can undo my bra strap.

"Nice to see you, my love." He takes a hold of my hand as we stand in each other's embraces.

"Romeo, you know I love it when you come to visit but this is very risky." Well... I guess our last date was, too.

"Oh Juliet, you will never live if you do not attempt the risky adventures that make up life. The cups of tea with a little more sugar and a little less cream. Juliet, I love you, and for that reason, you need to be little but more adventurous or you're gonna have a real hard time lovin' me back." Romeo smiled and plopped down on the bed, motioning for me to lay down next to him.

I sat down on the edge of the bed.

I couldn't bear the thought of my mother and father finding out about Romeo. I would surely never see him ever again. But maybe he's right, if I let myself push him away, what good will that get me? But if I take chances now, I get to be with him now and even if my parents do find out about he and I. It would be a worse life knowing that I was the one who pushed him away and exiled him in my life. But if my mother did it, it would be more comforting.. In a way.

"Ew, Cinderella? Really? Why not a better, more realistic Disney story? Like..." And right there in my beat down hotel room, Romeo had organized a big romantic scene. Two waiters carried in a table, tablecloth, and chairs, two more set up the silverware, and another set out a hidden dinner. Decorators brought Lady & the Tramp stuffed animals in every size in. Three other men hung lights on the ceiling. All the while, Romeo stood behind me with a shy little smirk on his face. After all the waiters, decorators, and who-knows-else he brought in had left, I spun right around and kissed him. I loved him so much. He just made everything so perfect. My lover and best friend. He's my tramp and I'm his lady. He's my Romeo and I'm his Juliet. Forever.

****************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

I know this was a really short chapter but I'm not completely sure where I want to go with this story. I definitely didn't expect to have 60 reads & I hope you guys keep up with the story even though I just now updated it. C: but anyways.. Leave some ideas for me and thanks soooooo much for reading! Hugs & kisses!

-Natalie.