Stars.

I thrash around in my bed, unable to sleep. I can't stop thinking about Romeo. And not in a good way. I'm so paranoid that my parents are going to find out, I can't focus on just him. I sit up and look at the clock. It blinks a disturbing "2:48" into my adjusting eyes. Honestly, I don't know how much longer I can take this. Saying that makes me feel so pathetic. How can I give up on him so easily? Because I want the best for him.. But I'm afraid that I'm not it.

My fingers slide through my hair in an step to calm myself down but it does the total opposite. Tears slide down my face at a steady rate. I'm a mess. Absolutely nothing bad has happened in our relationship and I'm in a full-on breakdown. I'm not even sure if we're a thing. That's why I need to end whatever this is before it gets out of hand. I need to start thinking rationally. I've only known this guy for what, a week? Exactly. I need to stop this.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand. I hit the home button and it sprang to life. My fingers slid over the smooth screen, leading to the contact I was about to call: Romeo. The phone rang. The same tone I had heard for years now seemed like a death march.

"Juliet? Juliet, it's 3 in the morning. What's wrong?"

Then, it really sunk in. The tears came rushing forward, eager to run over the stain marks of the previous flood of tears that had dominated my cheeks.

"I can't do this anymore, Romeo. I'm so scared my dad is going to find out. The whole town will know and... and I'm not sure that we will ever be safe in this town again. I love you so much, Romeo... And I'm so sorry. But I can't do this anymore. G-Goodbye, my love. "

"Juliet! Juliet, don't do this! Don't hang up on me! I-I'm coming over. Just hang on. Please."

He never hung up. And I couldn't find the strength inside me to do it myself. He talked the whole way to my house. I heard the pitter- patter of his swift feet climbing onto the rooftop.

And then I heard another set of footsteps. My mom. Oh my gosh. Romeo.

I ran to the window, careful to not make a sound. I pushed the creaky thing open and yell-whispered to Romeo.

"No! Romeo! My mom's coming! You have to go!"

"Okay but Juliet, you have to know that we are not done. I'm not gonna let you go this easily. I love you, my love." Without another word he slipped down of the roof and a few seconds later I heard his feet hit the damp leaves laying in the yard.

And he couldn't have done it a second too soon. My mom swung open the door and opened her mouth like she was about to give me a big sermon. But all she found was her little girl staring out of the window, a small candle lit beside her.

"I, uh.. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. U-Um goodnight. I love you, darling."

Without a reply, she swept out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I turned around and yet again faced the darkness dotted perfectly with little balls of sparkly hope. The stars I had come to know so well, now provided me with a purpose. I was meant for Romeo. And I will not give up.

"I love you too, Romeo." I whisper back to him. I blow out the candle and return to bed.