Chapter Thirty-Nine - Always the Bridesmaid...

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Harry smiled gently, one armed wrapped around Ginny's waist as his other hand cupped her chin gently, stroking her lips as she gazed up at him, eyelashes fluttering as her heart stuttered. She smiled, curling her arms around his neck as she leant into his chest, allowing him to lead her across the dancefloor as the other dancers avoided the train of her ecru dress, glistening in the moonlight.

Hermione giggled, a rather strange sound to escape from her lips as she was pulled to the centre of the room by Ron, his chuckles filling the air as she snuggled her body against his, hair tumbling in bouncing curls down her back which he happily ran his fingers through, eyes closed as he rested his chin upon her head.

A soft, gentle waltz swept upon the breeze, filling Melody's ears as she swilled dregs of firewhiskey in the bottom of her glass, sighing as George dragged Angelina onto the dancefloor, bump already rather prominent on her stomach as she gazed giddily into his eyes.

"Need some company?" A coarse voice asked and Melody shrugged, sweeping her long fringe away from her eyes as she reajusted the small, diamond encrusted tiara twirling across her head. Jack grinned, sinking onto the chair beside her and spreading an arm across the back of hers, fingers brushing her skin as she shivered slightly.

"Hey, what's up? You look upset about something..." Melody glanced up as Jack furrowed his eyebrows, small smile playing on her lips as she allowed her gaze to drift onto her mother and father now dancing in the corner, arms around eachother as they laughed rauciously.

"I'm fine Jack, honestly." He furrowed his eyebrows, leaning forwards to tuck her remaining fringe behind her ears as she smiled gently. "I don't like dancing, is all-"

"Liar!" He laughed "You jumped up on the table and started dancing when the weird sisters came on last weekend-"

"Hey! I was drunk!" She giggled indignantly as he rolled his eyes. Melody leant back in her chair, placing one leg on top of the other as she retied the ribbon snaking around her bare legs leading from her high heels and up her thighs. Jack raised his eyebrows slightly, eyes trailing across her figure as her long, slender legs stretched out infront of her and she smoothed down her dress.

Ginny had insisted she wore blue. Hermione was sporting a somewhat lurid shade of turquoise, Fleur a sickeningly pale shade, but Melody had settled for a rich, luxurious midnight blue, the long, tumbling fabric billowing around her slim frame.

Two long, elongated slits ran up either side of her leg, stopping almost at her hip where the fabric fell neatly on her front and curled in waves on the back, puffing out and eccentuating her figure. The neckline was a long, sharp diamond reaching her naval, just above her waist, thin in width but immensly long in length. The dress draped over her shoulders in two delicate straps reaching far down her back to the incredibly low beginning of the dress.

Balanced upon her chest was a small diamond necklace, tangled in her tumbling auburn hair which settled upon her chest in small ringlets. She shifted in her chair, readjusting the corset that wrapped tightly around her waist, small, ornate buttons glistening in the flickering candlelight as the dark leather stayed matt and dull.

Melody jumped when his warm, sweet breath tickled her neck. She hadn't realised he had shuffled his chair closer until his hand brushed her thigh, knee caps touching. He stared intently at her lips, eyes occasionally darting to hers as a small frown creased her forehead.

She stared into his glistening chestnut eyes before he leant in, crashing his lips against hers as his hand settled on the nape of her neck, caressing the skin as his mouth collided with hers. Melody froze, hands pressed against his chest as he continued to kiss her, tongue now working its way into her mouth as she completely forgot how to move.