Chapter Twenty-Five - Headmaster...

Chapter Twenty-Five

Melody awoke in a strange place, not quite remembering how she had gotten there for a moment. Her eyes fluttered open and settled upon a man's sleeping face, dark mop of hair flopping over his eyes as he shifted in his slumber. She smiled softly, stroking his cheek with her finger before snuggling back into him, readjusting her arms which were wrapped tightly around his torso as his were around her waist.

She nuzzled into his chest, breathing become more regular until its steady momentum started to lull her to sleep. That was until she felt Snape move closer to her, his lips pressed against her neck softly as he kissed her.

"Severus!" She giggled, cupping his cheek in her hand but refusing to open her eyes. "I'm trying to sleep."

"So?" He breathed, kissing her again as she shivered, snuggling closer to him.

"I need some sleep before lessons...start..." She shot bolt upright, eyes widened incredulously as she saw the sunlight streaming through the tall, imposing windows lining the opposite wall and draped in heavily gilded black curtains. "Oh my god! Severus, Get up! UP!" She shrieked, throwing the blanket off of herself as she ran over to the main door leading down the steps and into the corridor.

Her hands were running desperately through her hair as she hyperventilated, clutching her chest and breathing eratically as he ran over to her, carrying her over to the sofa and laying her down gently, stroking her hair as he tried to calm her down.

"Melody."

"I'm LATE! THEY'RE GOING TO FIND OUT-"

"Melody!"

"THEY'RE GOING TO KNOW! I'LL BE DISOWNED-"

"MELODY!" Snape roared, causing her to falter and fall silent, gazing up into his worried eyes as she tried to keep her breathing under control. "I'm headmaster now, no-one can do anything." She leaned quickly upwards, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her head into his chest, grip tight and relentless.

"But Ginny, and Neville-"

"Will think you have been punished." He said calmly, trying to prise her away but if anything her grip tightened. "If all else fails, just say you don't want to talk about it."

"They'll keep asking me though! They'll get it out of me somehow! Oh Severus!" Tears began to roll miserably down her cheeks as she sobbed into his chest. He sighed, planting a small kiss on the top of her head before finally pulling himself away.

He rattled through one of the black mahogany cabinets that now lined the walls, reaching through the shelves of shimmering tonics and bubbling liquids sitting angrily in glass decanters and viles. When his fingers made contact with a small brass tube he smirked, carrying it over to Melody who was laying face down on the sofa, head buried in a cushion.

"Here," He turned her over, tilting her head so that her mouth was open as he poured the viscous black liquid down her throat. She was still shaking, knuckles white with the strain of gripping the back of the sofa. He looked relieved as her expression softened, muscles becoming less taught and seized as the potion began to take effect.

"Wh-wh-what was that?" She stuttered, bringing herself upwards before he pushed her gently back down, finding a pillow for her to rest her head on.

"A Calming Draught, with a few minor additions. You might find that it's hard to walk for a few hours." He put the stopper back into the vile and slipped it into an inside pocket of his robe should she have another episode. "You had a panic attack. Quite understandable, but incredibly unnecessary." He smirked as she took the robe he had layed over the back of the sofa and pulled it over herself, the folds of fabric moulding over her body.