A Girl?!

One afternoon, Jak rides on the hovercraft as Daxter held the gun through the forest.Daxter fires at every metal head he sees all while screaming. "Shouldn't the metal heads be gone now?"he asks as Daxter shrugs,"No matter what, we can take them!"Of course,Jak believes in his best friend,but something seem off ever since Samus sent them on this mission.

Few hours earlier...

In the Naughty Ottsel, Jak,Daxter ,Tess Keira ,and Samus were having a emergency meeting.Torn and Ashelin were managing the city and their army so they were absent at the time."Jak, the plants are telling that some metal heads are in the forest and i need you to go find out why, "Samus turn around to look at the two heroes in the eye. "Weren't they killed though,Father?"Keira who was working on a new gadget asks as the past Samus answer. "Orginally, but things are not always as it seems."This spout an argument which Jak and Daxter escaped.

"Be careful,cuddlebum,"Tess jog outside to yell to Dax."I will, sugarplum,"he blows a kiss to Tess making Jak chuckle before riding towards the forest.

Now...

They rode before their communicator device announce."It's here!"This made the two stop and Daxter flew off of Jak's shoulder."Ahhhhh!"he screams as he landed on something soft."Dax,are you alright?"Jak asks as he jumps from the hovercraft to see the sight before him.Daxter lift his head from where he was."Wow,that was softer than expected,"he then began touching what he landed on,"and bouncy too."Before he jump,Jak wave his hand,"Wait Dax!"This made the orange ottsel stop as he looks down at what he was on.It was something that had the same glow as Jak's dark eco,but it was white.Daxter scramble to get back on Jak."What is that?"As he said that, the glow disappear into the air as it reveal a girl around Jak's age with one small wing on her right side.Her body was wrapped in old bandages and blood.She was motionless on the ground as the two look at her.

"What did you find?"Samus asks theough the communicator."It's a girl,"Jak answers,"and she is injured.""Bring her back here so we may examine her,"he says before cutting the communication off.Jak picks up the girl ever so gently as she groans faintly.Her mouth close as if in pain.Her hair was long and white as snow.It was the color of how the bandages should have been before they found their way onto her.Jak set her gently in the hovercraft and Daxter hop on Jak's shoulder so they could head back to Haven City.

The ride back was quiet as the two kept looking at her.Especially Daxter."Do we just kidnap people now?I mean what if she has some crazy dark eco like you Jak?"he asks as he look between her and him,"I hope she dont try to kill me like you almost did.""That was one time,"Jak says as Daxter gavr him a look,"One time?You almost drop me one time!"Jak chuckles as Daxter continue to rant.The girl never move while they rode back and discuss things.

Once they arrive,Jak park and went to the other side to pick up the sleeping beauty as Daxter open the door for him."Thank you,Jak.Set her over there,"he points to a back room.Jak nods and went to the room and set her down.Before he could leave,her hand grabs his arm,"Don't kill me."He look down to see she was talking in her sleep.By this time,Samus was heading into the room as she let go.Jak walk out as they began working the eco into her.

Time went by ever slow as the gang waited for the diagnosis of the girl.Samus came out of the room with a confused look on his face."Jak, was there any other eco nearby?""Eco?none that we saw,right Dax?"Jak look to Daxter who nods quickly."That girl contains a rare eco inside of her called Light Eco,"Daxter interrupts him,"Light?!Whats that?"Keira chuckles,"It's how it sound . Light eco is the opposite of what Praxus injected Jak.While his causes him to lose controls.Hers causes her to heal and protect,but seems like some Dark eco also got in which cause the blood.For now, we will watch over her for a while."

Afternoon turn into evening as everyone was sound asleep.Jak hears a bump coming from the room where the girl was which got him to take out his blaster and head downstairs.As he opens the door,he sees the girl trying to get up but keeps falling to the ground."I have to get away from here.I must,"her voice was gentle,but with conviction."Why do you need to get away,"Jak spoke up which cause the girl to fall again."No!Stay back,"she yells as Jak walks slowly to her."I'm not going to hurt you.""Thats what they say...Thats what they all say!"she yells and gets up only to fall again.Jak was sad for the girl not because she didn't want help, but because he felt that way when Dax and Jak separated.

The bandages covering her entire body were getting bloody again.While he was looking at her, she was breathing heavily from exhaustion. Jak pick her and lay her on the bed again. He began to leave when she spoke,"Why help me?"He turn to see her looking at him with tears in her eyes."Because I want to,"he answer and turn to leave again. "Your name...what is it? "
"Jak.What's yours?"

"Mar.They called me Mar."

The girl is named after the great hero who saved everyone. What does it mean? And why does she only have one wing? Find out next time.