Glory and Gore (end)

She rose from the ashes like a phoenix in rebirth.

"JENNIFER!" sigaw ni Mayor nang makita niya ang patay na sanggol na iniluwal ng kanyang asawa na namatay rin matapos makita ang patay na sanggol na iniluwal niya. 

Pumasok si Pearly sa operating room at nakita niya ang lungkot sa mga mata ni Mayor nang makita nito ang patay na sanggol na iniluwal ng kanyang asawa na namatay - Ginugulo lang kita. Best narrator ever.

"May paraan pa," sabi ni Pearly. "Ganito binuhay ni Lola Chiyo si Gaara."

Tinitigan ni Mayor si Pearly ng sandali. Hindi niya kilala si Lola Chiyo at Gaara. Pinabayaan niya na lang si Pearly.

Tinitigan ni Pearly si Mayor ng sandali. Hindi man lang siya pinigilan ni Mayor, hindi siguro nito alam na pwedeng ikamatay niya ang technique na ito. Ginawa nalang niya kasi na-suggest niya na at nahihiya siyang bawiin ito. 

Sinimulan ni Pearly ang paglilipat ng life energy at sa di inaasahan ay nabuhay agad ang sanggol. Sampung kuko ni Pearly ang namatay sa proseso. 

With Jennifer is a portion of a dragon's soul. That's why she's fireproof. Nothing to lose. Fire away. Fire away. 

"Governor!" yelled Jennifer. "I forgive you!"

Too late, hindi na mahanap ni Jennifer si Governor na kasamang naabo ng tore. Sa huling sandali, sinubukan siyang protektahan ni Gov. She survived it, of course just like how she emerged unscathed when Miruto accidentally set her on fire. 

And she saw the smoke in the hills; She knew her town is burning. She ran there. She doesn't know what a girl of her age can possibly do to help; Hiding is just not her style. 

"They think of me as someone so special. Jennifer, the mayor's child, the girl who lived, the girl with a dragon's soul, the girl who stood and watched as her home burned, is so damn special. Those words became a cage when I should’ve claimed the title and proved myself deserving,” Jennifer thought to herself. 

“These dragons have been with you for the longest time. They are your family. And you know what, that dragon who pounded you released your powers. He wants you to decide for yourself. Whose side do you want to take?” tanong ni Jennifer kay Miruto na naka-recover na sa kakaiyak.

"Kung sasama ako kay G, papatay ako ng maraming taong hindi naman nagkasala sa akin. Kung papanig ako sa inyo, paano ko pipigilan sina G? Persuade them by word of mouth? Drag them back to our hidden fortress? Kill them? And if I could end this oppression, how do I prevent the occurence of the next?" sagot ni Miruto. "This seems endless."

"Here I am, a girl who can't be burned. There you are, a god-moding character like all cartoon super heroes. And we both know the right thing to do but here we stand watching."

" This is just the beginning and we are on the last chapter. Is a second book probable?"

"I don't know. But I'm not expecting this will end today, or if it will ever end. I'll age with the sound of flapping scaly wings and howls and cries. Let's gather allies. We start with that."

Jennifer and Miruto held hands.

"Oh my, this is so interracial," commented Miruto as they marched to the battlegrounds.

---

Nagpatuloy si Mayor sa rescue operations. Hindi na siya muling bumuo ng grupo para mag-rally dahil na-realize niya na mas marami siyang naliligtas na buhay pag nag-focus sila sa mga nangangailangan ng tulong.

Yaya died in her effort to save lives. 

Mayor's guards are better rescuers than Yaya because they had training so they're all alive and continued saving lives.

Governor's maid went to hiding for all the course of history and probably tried to be contented with a life like that.

G killed and killed but never found satisfaction.

Some dragons realized that the Philippine population was too much to contain and got bored with killing the matchless creatures, so they went back to their fortress and went on with their lives. 

Some dragons joined Miruto and Jennifer. They persuaded the loyalists of G to stop with the killings because it was a boring task, and it would be better to go home and live peacefully forever.

Some dragons did not stop with the killings. Jennifer killed them single-handedly. She learned she could breathe fire too. 

Some survivors lost their sanity and thought of themselves as dragons. They helped kill the dragons, and they ate them.

Mayor and Jennifer was reunited three years after. Their story was sent to MMK and was held pending for production.

Mayor retained his supporters. They continued to follow him because he proved his ability to lead.

A cemetery was named in honor of Governor whose remains were never found.

There was a time when the battle seemed to have ended.

G gathered more allies and ambushed Miruto's allies, and they sealed Miruto inside a fox.

Jennifer never got married. WAHAHAHAHAHA! (Okay. Ako lang tumawa.)

More people went mad and slayed dragons for food.

This is really endless.

So God sent meteors to the Earth and it was cleansed. All continents united to one big land mass called Pangea.

Best ending ever. (Okay. Ako lang nagsabi nun.)