Lost in Limbo

Jennifer staggerred in the water where the dragon had dropped her. Instant transmission - an ability mastered by the dragon she came across saved her. It transported her to a nearby lake. 

"Bad ka! Bad ka!", yelled Jennifer as the dragon approached her. She walked to shore on her bright pink bloomers and a blouse removed of it's sleeves when it caught fire.

The guilty dragon surveyed Jennifer for any injury that requires more than just first aid, and he was surprised to find no burns on her. 

"I'm sorry!", the dragon apologized. "Hindi ko sinasadya yung mabugahan kita ng apoy..."

"And if I died? You'd tell my father it was just an accident and he would forgive you just like that?", she asked. "You know you carried danger but failed to take utmost caution. That is 'Negligence'! And if it resulted to my death it would be deemed a grave felony...

Dapat nag-anti-histamine ka!"

Napanganga ang dragon. Nahiya siya sa sarili niya dahil grade four lang ang kanyang kausap at siya graduate na sa ninja academy. Hindi lang siya simpleng Genen. Chuunen na siya. Sa kanyang batch isa siya sa pambato para maging Hukagi.

"You stole food! You killed an innocent animal!", Jennifer yelled.

"If you're hungry...", explained the Dragon but Jennifer cut him.

"And if you're hungry you have valid reason to steal?"

"If you're hungry...

And you know it. Clap your hands."

Jennifer was disappointed with the joke.

"I mean. Yes.", replied the dragon. "It's a valid reason to steal. A peaceable father will break into homes at the sight of his hungry boy. An upright man will steal to bring himself to position for the sake of his ideals. A proper wife will defame another woman to keep her husband's love. We all need to survive. And finally, our dignity is lesser than our needs."

Napanganga si Jennifer. And this is natural.

"Bring me home.", commanded Jennifer. 

"I don't know my way around this forest.", replied the dragon.

Nagkatitigan sila ng matagal. Naintindihan ni Jennifer ang dragon. He was just hungry. He even shared the food to the crocodiles, taking only what's enough for him. He was harmless until he was attacked. And he was done with his food so he politely asked water from Jennifer's tumbler.

Tapos nag-pinky swear sila.

"I'll never be negligent again.", said the dragon. 

"Let's help each other out." said Jennifer smiling.

"My name is Miruto. I'm a ninja dragon."

"I'm Jennifer. By the way... what brought you to the zoo?"

Bago pa man makasagot si Miruto, nakarinig sila ng kaluskos sa may likuran. Napalingon sila sa source ng sound. Yumuyugyog ang isang bush.

At mula roon, lumabas ang isang batang babaeng naka-hoodie, may kwintas na bawang, at ang kanyang mga mata ay natatakpan ng makapal na full-bangs. Nangingisay siya.

Will Jennifer and Miruto find their way out of the forest? And who is this girl from the bush? What brought Miruto to the zoo? Oh? It's obvious already?

---

Habangan.