Lykos (The Lamp) XXI

* Pic is of the lamp 

                                                           ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Korvus looked at his son, his gaze thoughtful.

“Tell me, what do you know about The Order?”

“The lamp. The one in your study. There are words wrought into the iron.”

“Ah.”

Lykos watched his father sip his coffee.

“I have to leave for work in half an hour.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. I know it’s not the best time.”

“I’ll always have time for you,” Dad said simply.

“Thanks, Dad.”

Is he going to answer my question? Is he mad?

Lykos felt his heart pounding, and frowned a little. But before he could speak, his father stood and motioned him to follow up the stairs into the loft. Lykos liked how it overlooked the living room with its overstuffed couches, and that enormous coffee table below.

His Dad was searching through the rows of disorderly books that Lykos had put on the shelves of the bookcases, stretching across all three walls. The desk and his father’s big leather chair faced the living room.

Like the Lion King, where Mufasa surveys his territory from Pride Rock, Lykos thought inanely.

Ugh, come on, the Lion King?! Just when Dad’s hopefully going to answer my questions? Get a grip.

Dad paused, and selected a book, a large, thick volume bound in black leather, with stamping on the binding and front cover. It looked very, very old.

“This will tell you almost everything there is to know about the Order of Lykaion,” Dad said, passing him the heavy book. 

“There’s another thing, Dad… How could I read the writing? It’s not English, it’s a different language, isn’t it?”

“You’re correct. It’s an ancient Greek script, and the reason why you can understand it very complex.” Dad looked apologetic. “I’ll talk to you more tonight, and explain everything if I can.”

“That would be great,” Lykos replied, surprised when his father gripped his hand in a manly handshake, and descended the stairs.

Wow. 

It’s almost as if he’s been waiting for this to happen? He wasn’t even surprised!

He’s even got this massive book to give me. 

Lykos sat down in Dad’s big black leather chair, and switched on the lamp that started this all. 

                                                     ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Please don't forget to vote :) Thankyou!