Chapter 22: Surprising Encounters

Hello!

I apologize profusely for the delay. Especially since I had told you guys that I would update and all.  It's become evident that my definition of a week is not quite the universal definition of a week.

Well...you know...People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually ...viewpoint — it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

So yeah.

And I might have opened an Etsy store and have been busy with that...But mostly wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Anyways. Enjoy!

************************************************************************

Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. --Jane Austen

Hermione hadn’t but taken two steps into the hotel that she heard a shrill voice calling, “HERMIONE!”

She turned, reluctantly, to find none other than Parvati rushing towards her with Cormac in tow.

Oh, Merlin, this is going to be awkward,” Hermione thought as she plastered a smile on her face and greeted the pair. “HI! I didn’t expect to see you here!”

 “We didn’t either!” Parvati exclaimed. “Well, not until this morning.”

“It was a last minute thing,” Cormac added. “I believe someone or another’s Great-Grandmother died. They couldn’t go, so there was an open spot and so I thought might as well go and visit a new place. Right, darling?”

“Yes,” Parvati nodded, before adding, “It was a very last moment thing, which is why you probably didn’t know about it.”

“I suppose so,” Hermione replied, not sure whether or not they realized that they were attending a business conference and not a personal vacation. “Anyways, I think I’ll head over to my room now. See you two later.”

                As she began walking towards the elevator, she heard her name once again being called, and with even greater reluctance she turned to face Cormac.

                “Hermione, I hope it will not be awkward between the two of us due to the events that transpired,” Cormac began.

                “Oh, no. I-,” Hermione started, not realizing that Cormac wasn’t finished.

                “I cannot say that I understand your reasons behind your refusal. The only conclusion I can come to is that you did not expect me to give up so easily and were trying to further my affections for you. Either way, I wanted to let you know that I respect your decision and that Parvati and I are very happy together.”

                “Um…Thank you and congratulations?” Hermione replied hesitantly, not sure what to make of this or how to reply.

                It seemed to have been a safe answer for Cormac added with a pompous smile, “I’m glad we sorted that out,” and walked away.

                Deciding that the day could not conceivably get any weirder, or more awkward for that matter, Hermione decided to head to her hotel room. Just as she was ten steps away from the only elevator that was still on the first floor, it’s doors began to close.

                “Hold the elevator, please,” she called out, not wanting to wait for the next elevator and get ambushed with more awkward moments.

Just as the doors were about to close, to Hermione’s great relief they opened. With a sigh of relief, she rushed in with her luggage in tow and turned to thank the only other person in the elevator; the one who clearly must’ve opened the doors for her.

But the person her eyes landed on took her by surprise and she ended up uttering a phrase that was becoming much too familiar to her, “Than---its’ you!”

For standing before her was no other than Draco Malfoy.

“Yes, it’s me Granger. Good to know your eyesight hasn’t failed you,” Draco drawled disinterestedly.

                “Uh, thank you. For opening the doors,” Hermione replied, a little flustered, after pressing the button for her floor.

                “Is my presence becoming too much for you?” Draco smirked, raising an eyebrow.

                “I was just a tad shocked, that’s all,” Hermione answered. “I never pictured you as an ‘opening the door’ type.”

                “Really?” Draco asked looking, and sounding, exceptionally bored.      

                “Yes, it doesn’t really go with you personality. You know, the whole ‘knocking over little children’s’ ice creams and kicking puppies for fun’ thing that you have going.”

                “What?!” Draco exclaimed, slightly taken aback, for this conversation was not going where he had hoped it would.

                “Well, would you look at that? It’s my floor!”

                With that, Hermione strode out of the elevator with a triumphant smile, leaving a bewildered Draco staring after her.

**************************************************************

BTW, guys. DID YOU WATCH SHERLOCK?!

Mind=Blown.

And I was uber proud to have gotten part of the theory of how Sherlock survived right! Well, part of what Sherlock told Anderson. Which I am pretty sure is a lie. Still...

Anyways, I'm still totally freaking out. I think I'll go watch it again.

And obsess over Etsy.

And then watch Supernatural. (I ship Destiel! Actually that ship just sails itself.)

Anyways. Bye.

Amazingness xx