Chapter 16: The Date (Part I)

Hey!! To everyone who thought that I had been kidnapped by mer-people or finally left for Hogwarts or found an entrance or took up residence in 221B Baker St. or anything of that sort, not to worry I am still very much here.

Why haven't I posted, you ask? Well, the truthful answer would be that I'm kind of really busy and kind of lazy and when you combine that you get a procrastinator. But a more flattering answer is that I have been quite busy learning three D's of Apparition.

So I suppose we are at the part where I shut up and let you read in peace.

Enjoy!!

****************************************************************

"You have to jump into disaster with both feet." ― Chuck Palahniuk

                The next morning, Hermione woke up with a completely new dilemma on her hands: her date with Cormac McLaggen. Thus it was with a heavy mind and dragging feet that she made her way towards her kitchen to make breakfast.

                While munching on her apple and waiting for her eggs benedict to finished cooking, Hermione thought of ways she could divert the impending disaster.

"I could always call in sick," she mused. "Or pretend I've broken a leg...or actually break a leg..."

After coming up with a plethora of excuses, Hermione finally gave in to the logical voice in the back of her head that knew that that these excuses would not solve the problem but only delay it. Finally admitting defeat, she did the best thing she knew to do. She walked up to her towering bookshelf teeming with books, picked the thickest book, and settled in her sofa for a bit of light reading to keep her mind off of the catastrophe that was to come.

______________________________________________________________________

                Thus she stayed there all day, pausing only to use the restroom and eat meals. She was so absorbed in her book that she almost did not notice the clock strike seven. She sighed, getting up from the comforts of her sofa to get ready for what she could already foresee as the most embarrassing date of her life. In fact, she could almost hear Professor Trelawney's faraway voice in her head, "I see difficult times ahead for you, alas... most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass... and perhaps sooner than you think..."

                Just as the clock chimed eight and Hermione finished the finishing touches on her hair, the doorbell rang. She grabbed her black cloak with silver accents and hastily put it on before rushing to open the door.

"Hello Cormac," She greeted as she opened the door. "Wou—."

She stopped speaking mid-word, not believing the sight in front of her. For standing in front of her was Cormac McLaggen in strikingly bright orange robes.

The first thought that passed Hermione's mind was, "He looks like a pumpkin!"

"Hello Hermione!" Cormac chirped. "Surprised you didn't I?"

"A bit," Hermione replied with a pained smile, trying to adjust her eyes to the blindingly painful color.

"Don't I just look marvelous?" Cormac asked. "Got this flown in this morning! Especially made for me. One of a kind!"

"Oh really?" Hermione asked with a fake smile. "That's a relief," she thought, "it would be a crime to make more than one of this abomination."

"Oh by the way, you look lovely too!" Cormac added.

"Thank you," Hermione replied.

"Ready to leave?" Cormac asked, offering his arm.

"Yes," Hermione replied with a fake smile plastered on her face, wondering how much worse this night could get.

*****************************************************

I hope you all enjoyed that. I know it's uber short, sorry! I kind of wrote it in a few minutes. I just felt really bad that its been so long since I last posted. Well, spring break is coming up, so I can perhaps forsee a few more chapters coming up soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed =)

Side note, the dedication to the next chapter goes to the first person who can tell me the three D's of Apparition.

-Amazingness xx