Chapter 20: Brokenhearted

Hello!

Have you lot heard?! Peter Capaldi has been cast as the 12th Doctor! I initially wasn't too thrilled about this, as I was secretly and unreasonably hoping that Tennant would come back, but I think I'll like him once the show starts. Gah! I'm going to miss Eleven sooooo much! Matt Smith and his adorable eyebrows =(

On a happier note, I can now refer to time with the names of the Doctors! For example, "It's half past Tennant right now" or "It's Capaldi to Smith."

That's all my fangirl-ing for today.

Enjoy!

P.S. Eid Mubarak!

P.P.S. I lied about the fangirl-ing.

HAVE YOU SEEN JOHN'S (Martin Freeman) MOUSTACHE ON BBC SHERLOCK!!! HOLY TARDIS OF GALLIFREY-- HE HAS A MOUSTACHE!

Picture on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

***********************************************

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 

― Marilyn Monroe

                “Can I come in?” Hermione asked, poking her head into Cho’s office.

                “Yeah, sure,” Cho replied with a sniff, hastily wiping her hand across her eyes.

                Hermione didn’t quite know how to begin, for she had never seen Cho look so heartbroken. Thus she began with what she thought was the simplest and safest approach.

“Are you alright?”

                “Yes, of course,” Cho responded automatically with a plastic smile. “Why wouldn’t I be? Did you hear about Parvati’s engagement? Did not see that coming! I---”

                “Cho, I’m going to ask you one more time and this time you’re going to tell me the truth,” Hermione interrupted. “Are you alright?”

                The smile that was plastered on Cho’s face faded, and a devastatingly heartbroken look once again materialized on her face. After a pause, she answered, “No,” with watery eyes. “No, I am not.”

                “What happened?”

                “Blaise left,” Cho replied, with tears almost brimming over.

                “What do you mean he left?” Hermione questioned. “Is he out of town?”

                “Out of country. He left." After a pause she added, "He left me.”

                “Cho, don’t be silly. I’m sure he just had to attend to some business related matter or something of that sort. I’m certain he has every intention of coming back.”

                “No, no. You don’t get it. He’s not coming back. At least, not for me.”

                “What makes you think that?” Hermione asked, completely bewildered. “The last I saw him, he was completely and utterly in love with you.”

                “Apparently not,” Cho replied with a sniff. “I received an owl from Pansy. She said that they were leaving. All three of them. They are going to Ireland to visit Daphne Greengrass. Do you remember her? I think she was in your year at Hogwarts.”

                “Yes, she was in Slytherin I believe,” Hermione answered. “But I still don’t see why this made you think that Blaise has left you.”

                “Well she lives in Ireland now. Her father is a huge business magnate over there. Anyways, Pansy hinted at a possibility of their union. She also said that they have no intention of returning anytime soon,” Cho elucidated. “Is that not clear enough?”

                “What’s really going on is that Pansy has realized that Blaise is in love with you and thus she whisked him off to persuade him otherwise.”

                “No,” Cho protested. “I know Pansy, and she’d never be cruel enough to do such a thing.” After a pause she added, “It’s far more likely that he doesn’t love me and never has.”

                “Cho, we both know that is not true,” Hermione scolded. “I’m sure you’ll get an owl from him soon, explaining why he left so suddenly.”

                Taking a look at Cho’s tearstained face, she added, “How about you take a few days off and have a mini vacation?”

                “Thanks, Hermione,” Cho replied with a sad smile, wiping away her tears, “but I don’t need it. And considering the workload the Department of Law Enforcement is under, I couldn’t leave even if I wanted to.”

                “I am the head of this department, so I get to dictate when you get a vacation,” Hermione declared. “So take a week off, find somewhere sunny, go on a mini vacation, and take your mind off of things for a while.”

                “But the work--,” Cho protested.

                “I’ll handle the work,” Hermione interrupted. “Stop arguing and start packing, because I’m not taking no for an answer.”

                With that Hermione sent Cho off on her vacation, herself determined to get to the bottom of this and, if it came down to it, give Blaise Zabini a piece of her mind.