Chapter Seventeen: Serious Disagreement

****Peeta's POV****

Katniss leaves quickly with Finnick and Cato, Clove, Glimmer and Marvel come back into the room. They all throw the bats to the side of the floor and come back to surround the bed, none of them look to be in good moods anymore. Cato speaks first, of course, I wouldn't expect anything else seeing as he thinks that he's the leader of the group,

"What were Everdeen and Odair doing here and why the hell did you get us to leave?!" He practically spits every word at me and his face shows a look of disgust. That's it! I need to stand up to him and he needs to know the truth that no matter what he does I'm not going to go along with it because he is not the leader of this group. He never has been and he never will be!

"They happen to be my friends!" I had planned to continue but Cato is interrupting me already! He snorts,

"You're friends Peeta?! Have you any idea what they've done to our reputation as a group, especially with that ridiculous prank of their's. Also have you forgotten that not that long ago you hated them all, especially Everdeen, just as much as I do now!"

"KATNISS! Her name is Katniss, not 'Everdeen' ,and not that you'd understand because you don't seem to be capable of forgiving people, there was a misunderstanding a long time ago but we've finally cleared the air and managed to sort things out!"

He interrupts me again,

"Oh come on Peeta. We all know that that's bullshit! Of course there was no misunderstanding! She's clearly lying to you! That's what people do!"

I'm starting to get really angry and frusurated! Why won't he just let me speak instead of being an ignorant, arrogant, idiot!

"I've finally got my friends back. If you are going to stand in the way of me being their friend again, and that's not just Katniss and Finnick but the rest of the victors, then I will choose them over you! If you were really my friends then you'd be happy for me."

He interrupts me again for the THIRD time!

"We are really your friends! We took you in when you had no one and we didn't have to in the slightest! Are you going to throw that in our faces for the sake of some slut who used to be your best friend but abandoned you and didn't believe you!? You're seriously going to choose her over us!? How ungrateful are you?!"

"Don't you dare call Katniss a slut! What gives you that right, you're just a stupid boy that needs to grow up! It's your decision whether my friendship is valuable enough for you to accept this because I'm being serious, if you can't accept this then I will walk away from this group completely and this will be permanent, not just something that will go away after a while! That is not throwing something in your faces, that is giving you a choice! It's not my fault if you can't accept things changing and not going your way!"

Cato lurches towards me and Marvel gets in the way to stop him doing anything, he pushes him backwards and Cato staggers backwards a little but he still glares at me. Marvel stands in front of him to block his view,

"Go outside and cool off before you do anything you'll regret Cato!"

Cato flings his arms into the air and storms out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Thanks Marvel."

"No problem. It's been a long time since someone stood up to Cato like that but it was bound to happen soon and when he knows that he is losing and he isn't getting his own way then his only defence mechanism is to turn to violence."

Glimmer nods in agreement and says, "He needed standing up to, I'm finding it harder to put up with him."

Clove doesn't say anything and she has a blank expression on her face, she turns towards Glimmer and Marvel, "I'm gonna go and talk to him. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

They both nod and I ask,

"Does that mean that you're on Peeta's side Clo?"

She shrugs, "

"I don't know Glim. I'm going to try and convince Cato but I can't exactly leave him my himself if we doesn't agree! We've been good friends for a long time and he needs someone to stop him from getting into trouble. I'm guessing you two are with Peeta?"

Glimmer and Marvel look towards each other and nod. I swear that have telepathic communication! It's like some weird twin super power but the good thing is if one of them agrees to something then it's almost certain that the other one will too. You literally can't have one without the other!

Clove just turns around and walks out of the room then starts running after Cato.

I smile at Marvel and Glimmer. They're the two that I'm closest to from the group so I'm glad that they're sticking with me. Cato and Clove have always been very close so if Cato says no then I've lost Clove too but more importantly I still have Katniss and the rest of my old friends back!

Cato's argumentative nature has helped us out of a lot of tricky situations as a group but now it seems like more of a curse than anything else! I just hope he sees sense eventually because although he can be highly annoying and too proud to accept that he's wrong and that everything can't be the way he wants it to be he is a lot of fun to be around the majority of the time and he will stand up for the people he's closest too.

Not even Cato in his bad mood can ruin today for me though!

After so many years of us both being mistaken I've finally got my best friend back!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Please tell me what you thought of the chapter and what you thought of how the careers reacted to the situation! If you like my writing please go and check out my account asdfghjklaurenn. I have an after mockingjay book which has now become part of a trilogy as it has two sequels and I have a book called 'the victors: Not all Fun and Games' which is a hunger games high type story with a HUGE twist!

Thankyou for your ongoing support,

Lauren :) xx

(asdfghjklaurenn)