The bludger and the seeker - Chapter 10

Fred won't talk to me.

I'm starting to wonder whether Fred and I are in a relationship.

To be honest, I think it started way too quick. I mean, I've always dreamed of having the perfect relationship with a guy, and we've known each other for years. And you know each others flaws and secrets and then your feelings for the other slowly start to unfurl. 

Unfortunately, it's not like that for me and Fred - we'd only known each other for about 1-2 months tops. 

And I know that couples that go through that never have a relationship that lasts until old age.

I've met Draco again by the black lake once since then. We didn't really speak though because I fell asleep and he was gone by the time I woke up.

I've been spending a lot of time with Harry, Ron and Hermione since then. Their still convinced that Malfoy's the Heir of Slytherin, and they've stolen the ingredients from Snape's personal stash to make the Polyjuice potion.

The quidditch game's coming up. I didn't try out for a spot on the Ravenclaw team - I didn't even have a broom and I didn't know how to fly.

Cho's seeker on the team though.

Besides, I can't really focus on Harry and the bludger when the next attack is about to happen.

That's right - after the quidditch match (where Harry's arm gets broken by the bludger, Lockhart says he'll fix it and then Harry ends up having no bones in his arm because Lockhart is pretty much the least unexperienced ----- out there, so Harry ends up having to wait in the hospital wing waiting for his bones to regrow) Colin Creevey, Harry's obsessive stalker that probably steals from Harry's underwear draw and also probably has a large cardboard cutout of him, is going to be petrified.

I heard someone's misplaced his camera - probably one of the Slytherin's.

That means that if he doesn't get his camera back, he's probably going to wind up dead. And as much as he annoys me, I can't let it happen.

Me and Luna have told Colin that we would search for it.

So we're roaming the castle looking for this goddamn camera when Luna asks,"What's going on between you and Fred?"

"I don't know - he's obviously avoiding me, I'm not sure if that means we've broken up or not."

"Why don't you talk to him?"

"Because I want to see if he'll ever stop this game he's playing."

"He's still a boy though - it's in his nature to be like that."

I don't need reminding - this is the case with even muggle boys. I was friends with this boy called Josh who would always expect me to come up to him and apologize. I stopped doing this after every fight and he eventually realized that not talking to me was stupid.

But he still did it anway.

But soon, it became him that broke the silence.

"He'll give in soon," I say, "trust me on this."

I wish I had an energy drink, like parallel Pete Tyler.

"What about Draco?" she asks.

"What about him?"

"He's definetely got eyes for you, no doubt about it."

This isn't the first time anyone's said this, but now Luna's starting to believe it.

"There's nothing going on between Malfoy and I. What makes you think so?"

"It's the way he looks at you - believe me, it's the exact same look my mother and father gave each other before she passed away. Then there's the fact that whenever he insults you, it always comes out forced and whenever he and his friends walk away, he always gives you a smile or even a wink. Then Fred also saw you and Draco out by the black lake one night, the same night after your argument with him."