Hogwarts, Hogwarts, I think I'm going back - Chapter 3

The days with the Weasley's fly by, with food fights and pillow fights and continuous pranking on Percy the Four Eyed Git (our nickname for him). Sometimes, I would help Mrs Weasley with the cooking or I would let Ron teach me Wizard Chess and sometimes go hang out with Harry. Already, he's kind of like my brother.

Before I know it, I'm in the back of the amazing blue flying car with a very bad invisibility button. But then, George will forget his fireworks and Ginny will forget the 'diary from hell'. Sure enough, that happened (I swear I should become a seer like Trelawney).

Sure enough, we arrive at Kings Cross at a quarter to eleven. I'm already nervous - what if I don't make it through the brick wall to platform nine and three quarters? What if they had made some sort of mistake and I wasn't actually a witch, but just another mistake they made with a muggle.

Now we only had five minutes to get onto the train. 

"Alright, Percy, you first," Mrs Weasley says. The four eyed git strolled 'with confidence' up to the brick wall, and, like the movie, his body looked like it had melted into the brick.

"Fred, George, you next."

They run up in bundling steps (if they weren't pushing their trollies they probably would have tripped) and they too 'melted' into the brick.

"Now Rose, just run into the brick and you should find yourself there," Mrs Weasley assures me.

And thats what I tell myself when I close my eyes and start hurdling myself into that wall. 

I open my eyes and there's no more tubes or muggles, but loads of young and old witches and wizards, and a scarlet steam engine.

I catch up to Fred and George.

"Whoa, I think it worked."

"Ya think?" they say in unison, with attitude, I should say. Its their way of mocking me, since that's pretty much my catchphrase.

Mrs Weasley, Mr Weasley and Ginny are right behind us, but no Ron or Harry.

Of course, Dobby's stopped them running through the brick and now they're going to steal the car!

All of our trunks and selves are on the train and we're sending our last farewells to Mr and Mrs Weasley.

"Thank you for everything!" I call out.

"It was no worry, dear," she says. "If you want to come back for Christmas or the summer holidays, all you need to do is write."

"I will."

"Are Harry and Ron with you?"

No, they are not. They are in the magic car and are about to fly to Hogwarts, which almost results in them being expelled by Sour Grape Snape and having some lame arse detentions with Lockhart and Hobo Filch. But I can't tell her that - it'll probably cause a big hole in the space time continuum and cause a paradox so big it could tear the wizarding world apart.

"I'm sure they've just went off to find Hermione."

The train's started moving and everyone's hands are out of the window, waving. This is it - this is the day I go to Hogwarts.

Okay, it does seem a little nervewracking that I am going to be the only second year sorted. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to have classes with the first years or if I could have classes with the second years.

Mind you, I don't really want to see Malfoy, with his cold grey eyes and his maleovalent smirk.

But he sure does get hotter when he grows up!

"Oi, Rose!"

The twins and Lee Jordan are calling my name.

"Oh right, yeah, I'm coming."

We enter a compartment with Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet in. Angelina is mixed race, with midnight black hair and, to say the least, rather pretty. Katie has messy black hair and baggy robes and Alicia is blonde and looks like the kind of girl you would expect to see in acting, not on the quidditch pitch, but that's just stereotypical.

"Hello ladies," they say.

"Hello pumpkins," they say back.

"Who's this?" Katie asks.

"This is the one and only Rosie Williams, or Rose Tyler as we call her."

"Hello, we are the female ambassadors of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, stating that males do not make the best chasers and should stick to the manly stuff only."

"Nice slogan," I say, giggling.

They giggle too and then they start asking me trivial questions about Quidditch. And of course, all these questions they were asking me, I can't answer because JK Rowling never actually gave these answers.

I end up excusing myself. Out on the corridoor, it seems empty. I open up the window and stare outside. I might be able to catch a glimpse of Ron and Harry in the car. 

Me and Harry became rather close during the holidays. He was actually rather annoyed that everyone seemed to think that what he did was an achievement, when actually, all he did was some fancy stuff to make the Dark Lord disapeer. He doesn't even remember doing it. And he doesn't even consider that an achievement anyway; is it actually an achievement when an evil guy wants to kill you and you stop him, but you lose your parents in the process and have to live with abusive relatives who don't even care about you and practically starve him to death while he sits in a small cupboard under the stairs.

He explained this to me, even though I knew. Me, being incredibly immature, had said,"Well, good job you're not claustrophobic then."

And I think that I was probably one of the only people in his life who he had met and hadn't acted like he had caught the snitch in the Quidditch World Cup.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't notice Malfoy creeping up behind me.

"So, you're a first year then."

"No, second."

"Well then, this won't be the only time we properly encounter each other," he says, while smirking.

I roll my eyes.

"Just lay off, Malfoy," I say. "Nobody cares, not even your father."

"Wait until my father hears about this!" He shouts, so angry that he's spitting.

"Or, I could just perform a simple memory charm and you won't even remember who your father actually is."

Seriously, out of all the battles the trio end up having with deatheaters, why don't they just put a memory charm on them all - could save a lot of deaths!

"Or it could backfire and you won't be able to remember your poor little pigsty friends you call the Weasley's," he says. "Speaking of which, they were so poor, they could only afford a small Ford Anglia. And it's a muggle item too! Filthy blood traitors, the lot of them."

"Shut up!" 

I look out the window again, and the flying blue car is turning from side to side. I can see Harry and Ron in the car, and they look very, very relieved.

Malfoy starts laughing. I look at him, then punch him in the face.

"That's what you get, you big, annoying... ferret!"

And I walk away, annoyed, just wanting to get to Hogwarts and be sorted into Gryffindor and try and have nothing to do with Draco Malfoy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

ta da!

took me a while to think of how I should start this off.

But this is the product.

To be honest, I thought it would be quite cool to punch him (like hermione did in the Prizoner of Azkaban) and then call him a ferret (like mad eye moody (barty crouch jr) did in the Goblet of Fire).

Sorting next chapter.

see ya!