Hell for muggleborns - Chapter 7

Fred and I have made if official that we're dating. I have noticed that a lot of girls seem really jealous that Fred is in a relationship with a 'worthless Ravenclaw'.

I mean, even people in Kids React think Ravenclaw is pretty much the house where nothing happens, despite what goes on with Luna and Cho in the future.

Those two are currently my best friends - Marietta doesn't seem to like me very much, she just follows Cho around. She always seems to give me some sort of glare. Mandy, Sally-Anne, Padma and I are still pretty close. The other girl in my dorm still doesn't talk to anyone. It's rather strange - she doesn't raise her hand during class. She doesn't even sneeze every once in a while.

Strange.

Malfoy's stopped talking or even looking at me ever since he caught me and Fred that night. To be honest, Hogwarts is a bit boring without his constant bickering twenty four seven - those brief encounters were my chance to vent.

But I even think that it is a bit odd that I haven't been at Hogwarts for two months and I'm already going out with one of the most popular guys in the school.

Plus, he's older. So it could be just a matter of time before he might start demanding something more in the relationship.

I'm trying to wait until after marriage, thank you very much.

But now it's coming up to Halloween. And during Harry's second year, it is pretty obvious what happens during Halloween.

And I'm not looking forward to it to say the least.

I'm walking with Fred up to the Great Hall, my hand entwined in his. I can't tell him what's going to happen; it would probably rip a hole in the space time continuum (a paradox) which could pretty much destory the whole universe. So I'm going to keep it quiet and let him find out for myself.

"You alright, love?" Fred pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"You looked as if you had seen a ghost."

Ironically enough, a ghost comes swooping past us. 

"Looks like I just did," I say.

Then he bursts out laughing, even though it isn't the funniest thing anyone could've said.

 I join him to the Gryffindor table but I decide to sit with Harry, Ron and Hermione instead. I peck Fred's cheek and I overhear the Golden Trio mention something about a deathday party. Harry must have had the encounter with Nearly Headless Nick then.

"So, a deathday party," I say, sitting down beside Ron," sounds like fun. Are you going?"

"Well, I have to," Harry says,"Nearly Headless Nick saved me from Filch even though I'm not even sure what I did was wrong."

"Well, Filch is a perfectionist," I say.

That's not even entirely true; he's just lazy.

"Anyway," Hermione said,"Me and Ron said we'd both go with him."

"Yeah, shame we'd miss the feast though," he says.

Why is Ron so obbsessed with food? He's going to be pretty pudgy when he's in his twenties, then 5 years later he'd be the size of Peter Griffin.

"How about I go with you guys?" I suggest.

"You wouldn't want to," Harry says.

"Why not?"

"Trust me, it's your first one - you wouldn't want to be stuck at a party for ghosts when it's halloween at Hogwarts."

"Fine."