The sorting - Chapter 4

As soon as I see Hogwarts, I literally fall in love with it!

It's like those castles you see in the Barbie Princess movies, except more grand and, luckily, not pink.

I still don't understand why Umbridge didn't paint the entire school pink, put more of her very 'cute' kitten plates on the walls and give everyone a very pink uniform.

I think I would die if that had happened, but Umbridge is basically 'Mama Barbie with Toadlike Features'.

Fred, who seems to have crept up on me while I was staring, pulls me out of my thoughts.

"So, I'm taking it you've grown rather bored of seeing the place."

I raise my eyebrows and he raises his hands while a large grin spreads upon his face. "Joking."

"You're going to love this place, Rose," George says.

I bet they're both fantasizing about jokes to say about my expression.

The train finally stops at a platform. I wasn't sure where to go, if I was supposed to be in the boats with the first years or if I go in the carriages with the older students. But then I see Hagrid, so I decide to ask him.

He's so busy calling out "Firs' years, over here!" that he doesn't notice me saying Hagrid five billion times.

After he notices me, he apologizes.

"Hagrid, what am I supposed to do?"

"Take the carriages up to the castle, then find Professor McGonagall and wait for the firs' years with 'er."

There's no queue for any of the carriages, so I hop into the next one available. Unfortunately, someone else has the same idea.

"Watch it!" I yell as the stranger just collides into me.

I fall flat on my face and when I finally get up, I realize the stranger is actually Malfoy.

He's giving me an intense stare with his cold grey eyes, as if staring into my soul. If I didn't know better, I'd call him the devil!

And right now, we're just staring at each other, maybe giving each other the evils. I know he's not actually a bad person; it was just the way he was raised. But at this point in time, he feels he has no choice but to listen to his parents. He's not staring at me like I'm scum, but not a look as if he's entirely in love with me. It's - I'm not actually sure what it is. Like he's trying to figure me out.

We've been staring at each other so long that we don't notice the carriage is moving, so it's too late to push him out and yell for him to walk.

Or is it?

Bwahaha!

So I throw myself into a seat and sit there, with my arms folded, slouching and staring out the window.

I would've loved to have been in a compartment with Fred or George or even Hermione for that matter, but now I'm stuck with these blonde git!

"What are you staring at?" Malfoy sneers at me. "You know, most girls would kill to even have me notice them."

So arrogant.

"Yeah, Pansy duplicates," I mutter.

"What was that, Williams?"

"Geez, take a chill pill."

And now he's giving me the evils. I honestly couldn't care. Get on Malfoy's bad side, that was always on my bucket list.

I couldn't be more happy as I get out of the carriage and enter Hogwarts. I ignore Malfoy's mutters of 'wait until my father hears about this' and I make my way to find Professor McGonagall. Sure enough, I didn't have to look far. All the first years were already there and she was making her annual speech about the rules of Hogwarts. She sees me run towards the large crowd and she gives me a very disapproving look.