- Chapter 21

"No! Get over here." He pulls me into the hallway where it was vacant.

"What do you want now?!" I cross-folded my arms.

"This is not you Rebbeca. What the hell happened while you were away?" He asks trying to see through me.

"None of your bussiness. This is what you and everyone else here created, you have always wanted me to change... right? Well here is the new Rebbeca! No refunds! Have a nice day." I said before trying to walk out but he stopped me once again.

"Just tell me what happened, Rebbeca." He says softly.

"See you around." I winked at him before I could finally leave.

******Later that day*******
I told Jordyn to take the car and go back home that I would take the long way,

Bitch. Bitch. Whore. All these words kept repeating in my mind, this is what they wanted. This is how they all see me as now... so this is how I'll be till the day I graduate. I've always wanted to be comfortable in my own skin, someone different, someone who doesn't take shit from anyone. Maybe this is who I'm meant to be... after all the signs that I believe were telling me to change the way I saw things.

****A few hours later****
I finally arrived home and ran inside straight to Audrey. Jordyn was doing homework on the bed beside a sleeping Audrey.

"Well look who finally got here!" She half smiled at me. I threw my stuff down onto the chair,

"Yeah I know I took so long. Just needed to clear my mind a bit now that I'm back here." I said as I grabbed Audrey from the bed and began to examine her beautiful soft face.

"Hmm Okay. How was today then?" She asks.

"Like any other school day... boring." I shrugged. She sighs and looks back down at her paper trying to figure out an equation,

"Why is this homework harder than what he had in Los Angeles?" She asks.

"It's Texas, they're supposed to be tough on you here. It's a tight place here." I laugh.

"Well I don't understand how to break down the 3rd step to this formula." She mumbles.

"I'll help you in a bit let me feed Audrey first." I smile reaching for the warm bottle on the white cabinet next to my bed.

"Okay, in the meanwhile I will be right back. I have to go buy more shampoo and conditioner for my hair." She says. I nodded as she gets up to leave. I look back at Audrey as she drinks from her bottle, I smile to myself.

"Once I am out of here I will take us back to Los Angeles and we will live there for the rest of your life. Just you and me, baby."

*****A few hours later*****

"Hey." My mom says coming into the room.

"Hey, what's up?" I said to my mom as I placed the pencil down beside Jordyn's notebook.

"We need to talk.." She sat down on my bed in front of me. She gave Jordyn the 'Alone, please' face.

"I will take Audrey down stairs with me to put her in her swing." Jordyn stands and grabs Audrey on her way out the door.

"Okay Rebbeca.. what is going on?" She asks.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Austin? Why did you even do that to him today?" She asks. I rolled my eyes,

"I didn't do anything. He just began to talk to me and I backed off like any other person would." I said.

"He was your bestfriend. Why do you push him away now?" She asks.