Chapter 3: Day Off

Chapter 3: Day off

Adrian's P.O.V

I woke up, still in a slight daze, and went to get ready. It was 8:34 in the morning by what my clock said and, though a school day, I was going to go see my mate in wolf form. Why don't I have school? Well, there was an....accident.... at the school building and the school is closed till its all fixed up. It works out perfectly and, best part is, I didn't do it. My friend Ash, who's also a werewolf, decided it would be hilarious to fill every locker in a single hallway full of pudding. I don't know how he did it or where he got that much pudding and I don't really want to know. Anyway, it works perfect because I can go see my mate.

After taking a quick shower, I headed downstairs to grab a bite to eat. I could smell that mom was cooking bacon, eggs, and pancakes this morning. Mmmmm bacon. I headed into the kitchen and gave her a hug."What are you doing up so early? Normally if you don't have to go out you sleep till 11." she said with a worried expression. It didn't fool me though you could see the smile in her eyes, she knew exactly why I was up."You know why mom. I'm going to see my mate." This time she actually smiled, and it made her look a lot younger then she really was.

That's the thing about werewolves and other magical beings. We all age at incredibly slow rates usually a fifth of a normal human rate. This only starts after you hit twenty. No one knows why it starts then but I guess no one has really bothered looking into it all that much. That means that my mom looks like shes 28 but really she's 60. it gets annoying because every so often werewolves need to move to a different area so people don't realize that you haven't aged in 40 or 50 years. We still get old, but it just takes a very long time. The only true immortals are vampires and even then, unless their really strong or they have a strong master that provides them with strength, they begin to disintegrate after 500 or so years and by the time their 550 they're pretty much dead.

Now vampires aren't like those in those sissy twilight books, (A.N: I'm a guy and yes have read them and thought they were good so don't be offended.) they don't sparkle, they can walk outside in broad daylight, they don't have red eyes or go crazy with blood lust, except when they first awaken, and they don't hate everyone and try to kill us....most of the time. There are currently two factions of vampires. The first is the larger one, comprising of over 95% of all vampires, The Imperials. Its ruled by a royal family, just like almost all mythical societies, and they actually get along really well with everyone and try to help when something happens with the other faction.

The other faction is The Sons of Night. Their a group of vampires who hate humans and other beings and think that vampires should rule over all others. They cause issues every so often by attacking other mythical beings and have cause damage in the past. Usually they are harmless since most societies are big enough to hand them their ass and send them running but when needed the Imperials always come to help.

I took a quick glance at the clock and saw it was a little past 9 and realized I should head out so I don't miss her. She's a sneaky one, my mate is. I still haven't figured out how she vanished last time. I assume it was some kind of trap door, but where it goes underground I have no clue. Also....why would she need it? I hope she's not in danger from anyone, otherwise ill have to rip them to pieces for thinking about touching her. O well that's a problem better left for later. I kissed my mother on the cheek and took off into the woods, quickly changing out of my clothes and shifted. I began running towards my mates delicious scent, almost running into a tree while I was daydreaming.

Robin Hood's P.O.V

I woke up feeling completely refreshed and, honestly, not wanting to get out of bed. I decided to take the day off from my work as Robin Hood and allowed myself to sleep in late. I looked over at the clock which read that it was a little bit before 9am. I got up from my amazingly comfortable king sized bed and went to take a shower. After I was done I changed into a pair of black gym shorts with dark blue stripes on the sides and a loose dark blue T-Shirt. I decide to put my hair in a ponytail for now.